Triage protocolsRegister Today!
- by CrunchRN Jun 14Where do you all get your protocols from and is there a "gold standard". Any input appreciated as i need to set up a nurse line.
- Jun 19 by xoemmylouoxIt depends on the patient population you are dealing with. You would use different protocols for adults than you would kids.
- Jun 19 by CrunchRNThis would be in the older (age 50 and over) adult population. What I am looking for is some direction concerning what protocols/program we could purchase that are considered best practices/standard of care. There are so many out there that it is hard to begin to sort through what is good or not as good.
- Jun 23 by MagsMomI do triage in my job - my population are older adults and adults with multiple chronic/complex conditions.
I use the telephone triage book by Briggs. It is very complete and easy to use. For protocols that are not found in Briggs - and are common concerns (mostly my renal and liver patients) I have standard protocols that have been designed and approved by our specialist.
Hope this helps - I love doing telephone triage.
- Jun 24 by CrunchRNThank you Magsmom.