TEAS Test ScoresRegister Today!
- by tofuu Nov 24, '12My adjusted individual total score is 77.3%
ATI Academic: proficient
Percentile Rank-National: 83
Percentile Rank-Program: 69
Reading adj. ind. score 71.4
Math adj. ind. score 83.3%
Science adj. ind. score 79.2%
English and Language Usage adj. ind. score 76.7%
How bad is this? My current GPA at the moment is 3.915 but Im still taking my last pre-req. I was really disappointed in these scores but I still have one chance to take it again. However, my school's nursing program uses the average of the two scores. Can anyone tell me how well I'm doing? If this is bad or good... I'm so worried.
- Nov 24, '12 by zoe92Going by the mean, you did ok. but I would call your school and see what they consider competitive. Since they average the two, you have a chance of either raising your score or lowering it. It may not be worth it to retake it.
- Nov 24, '12 by adoRNo2b2015Awesome GPA! Regarding the TEAS score, it all depends on your school (s) of choice requirements. They all have different one. Some require specific scores by section, some just an adjusted individual score. Good luck!
- Nov 25, '12 by astronomiaLike the other two posters said, every school is different. Try asking one of your nursing advisors what the average GPA/TEAS score is for accepted students in the program. If you're concerned about raising it, try purchasing the ATI TEAS V study guide offered on their website. I briefly skimmed through it and took one of the practice tests offered in the back of the book the week before I took the actual exam and ended up with a 90 on my first try, so it definitely helps. It is very similar to the TEAS exam and covers all of its content.
- Nov 26, '12 by tofuuCongratz on that 90! Actually I did purchase the book and I even read through all of it too. The math and science I can always study on my own, but it's the English reading and grammar that's my weakness.
- Nov 26, '12 by tofuu@zoe92
I've been thinking a lot about if I should take it or not, and I've decided that I might just take it again. When they give you your test results, they also include a list of topic in the ATI book to review so I think I'll study like crazy until I take the TEAS again in January. Thank you for the advice!
Thank you, but there are many others that have that 4.0 GPA haha. And right now I'm still taking my stats pre-req and I'm pretty stressed about it to be honest. And thank you for the suggestion! I emailed them a couple days ago but they havent replied back so I might just go to the department and ask them in person.
Congratz on that 90! Actually I did purchase the book and I even read through all of it too. The math and science I can always study on my own, but it's the English reading and grammar that's my weakness.
- Dec 5, '12 by joel.mercadoAdjusted Individual Total Score: 73.3%
ATI AcademicPreparedness Level:Proficient
Mean - National: 64.3%
Mean - Program: 64.9%
Percentile Rank - National: 74
Percentile Rank - Program: 75
My scores aren't great, considering I only had 5 days to study for the test, but luckily I got accepted into my nursing program. It all depends on what school you plan on going to, they all have different requirements. I think that I got accepted, aside from my TEAS V scores, based on the fact the I had great letters of recommendations, over 600+ volunteer hours, male, bi-lingual, and of Hispanic and African American decent. I hope you get accepted!!!!