What is your "wash out" rate? - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 28, '07 by piper_for_hireI'm trying to get into this new SRNA forum but this question really belongs into the pre-crna section. It would be great to think of allnurses as someplace to discuss something other than which school to choose, how to get in and how to get around the minimum academic requirements.
- Nov 28, '07 by akijitsuThough this discussion may be interesting to those wanting to get into school, it really isn't applicable to them because they are not there yet, and thus couldn't answer the question(s)?
The question basically being...do you think your school is fair?
Do you think the grading is objective or subjective?
While I have also read thread after thread of "which school(s) should I apply to" and "Is my GPA high enough"
I'm not sure I have read the same threads you have on "how to get around the minimum academic requirements"
- Nov 28, '07 by piper_for_hireIt's easy - just look around. Tons of posts about "my GPA is too low", "do I really need ICU experience" and (personal fav) "how can I skip being an RN and go right to anesthesia school".
- Nov 28, '07 by akijitsuActually, that last one is the easiest! AA school!
Though not popular here!
- Dec 4, '07 by RN1980does anyone know if i can goto crna school 100% online and do clinicals anywhere i want? just kidding heheheh.....
- Dec 7, '07 by leslie37Hello,
You mentioned GRE...what do you (or anyone attending) think most school's acceptable level is for GRE scores is? I took the GRE when considering another profession and passed for "my" school's graduate program; however...am assuming a CRNA program's standards would be higher?????
- Dec 14, '07 by wtbcrnaIn my CRNA program we have lost 3 out of 29 so far in the first 6 months. The latest was this week during finals, and two more came real close.
- Dec 20, '07 by japaho41In my opinion if you are really considering attending a CRNA program washout rate should really not be too great of a concern. People are dismissed from programs for various reasons, grades, attitude and some may bow out for personal reasons.
Looking simply at percents does not say to much if you are not taking into consideration of class size. The real concern should be passage rate on the boards the first time. That would be one of my main concerns.
- Dec 29, '07 by CRNA2007My CRNA program lost 3 students out of about 28. One for grades although he re-entered the following year and is doing quite well. two for personal reasons one due to a girlfriend issue and again re-entered the following year and is also going to be a fine anesthetist. The third was due to some spousal/emotional issues and although re-entering the following year was dropped from the program for good.