- by srna4now1234 Jul 28, '11Is there a policy in CRNA program that your parent can't be your professor? is that allowed? Is it the school's discretion? It seems like it is creating a problems among students and faculty members....Can u pls tell me your input? Has this happened in your school?
- 714 Views
- Jul 30, '11 by ckh23I think it would depend on the program and the school. Every program's rules vary from school to school. Try to get as much information about it because this is going to come out sooner rather than later, especially if it's creating problems among student and staff a like.
Is it possible to take classes that are taught by non family members?
Personally I would have a problem with this situation if I were one of the other students because there is always a thought of special and preferential treatment, even if one doesn't exist.
- Jul 30, '11 by ChristineNIn my nursing school we had a parent/teacher -son/student as well as a sister/teacher-little sis/student combo. They were both in their family member classes, they were just not in their clinical groups. I always felt like they probably got preferential treatment, at least when it came to admission if nothing else.
- Jul 30, '11 by srna4now1234Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it....questions just comes to mind. During application how much does the relationship play? Certainly it is discriminatory if she is not given a chance but what about the other 170 applicants that did not get accepted? Well when she has unsatisfactory performance, her reprimands are less severe . The world would have been so so if she went to another CRNA school, it is bad and lots of people are miserable and resentful.
- Jul 30, '11 by ckh23Unfortunately sometimes it's all about who you know.
- Aug 25, '11 by ssrhythmIt's life. Who you know matters; while this is not necessarily fair, it IS. As for everything beyond acceptance into the program...why are you worried about it? You can control one person and the actions of one person only. Unless this relationship is somehow causing direct negative impacts on you, worrying about it is just wasting precious energy that you need succeed.