University of South Alabama - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 4, '12 by asueSo I just finished my first semester. I work full time in L&D, 3-12hr shifts one week and 3-12 + and 8hr shift the next. I am in the part time program, with basically 6 credit hours a semester. I don't think I could handle anymore than that! If you want to stay working full time, then you definitely need to go to school part time. I got A's in both my classes, but it took lots of time!!
- Dec 5, '12 by Caulifloweri've heard good things about USA's PNP and ENP tracks, but absolutely awful things about their FNP track. I've corresponded via phone and email wtih USA regarding their FNP track, and have had bad experiences with all but one faculty member. I realized that if I was having such difficulty even before starting the program, and hearing such negative comments about their FNP program, then perhaps I should choose a different school------and now I'm 100% glad I did!
- Jan 2 by Pedsnurse#For all New York State residents interested in University of South Alabama's NP/ DNP program.
Got this email from the school:
We have recently been notified by your state’s Higher Education Board that all education programs including online programs must have approval by this board prior to citizens from your state enrolling in a program. Unfortunately, this means that we are unable to accept you for our DNP Program. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. If you have an unrestricted RN license in another state other than your state, and are able to successfully complete clinicals in that other state in which you are licensed, then you may apply to our DNP program. At this time we are unable to accommodate clinicals in your state. If you are not adding a new NP license you may complete the Traditional DNP program here at USA since clinicals are not required.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact Dr.***** *****, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs 251-445-9400. **** ******, PhDDNP Academic AdvisorUSA College of Nursingcondnp@usouthal.eduOffice: (251) 445-9400Fax: (251) 445-9416http://www.southalabama.edu/nursing/dnp.htmlMailing Address:College of Nursing5721 USA Dr. N RM 3074Mobile AL 36688Last edit by Esme12 on Jan 3 : Reason: Formatting/removed staff identifiers
- I am looking into the PMHNP program now, I am getting a lot of mixed reviews. Do you think it's is beneficial to enroll at USA?
- Cauliflower what thread or source did you hear good things about USA PMHNP program? I am trying to compile all of my information together and make a "best" choice. I was looking a University of Texas at Austin since I am really close and Midwestern State University.
- Jan 7 by txrn84TASHA, would you please private message me (I don't have privilege to), I wanted to ask some questions since we are in the same state and looking into PMHNP. Thanks!
- TXRN84, haha what a hoot we are surely in the "same boat" I can't PM either.. Hahahaha .. You can email me We have to chat!!! How can we chat I don't mind giving you my email but I thought about the "privacy agreement".Last edit by TASHA_RN_BSN on Jan 7 : Reason: Error
- Jan 7 by txrn84I think you and I are actually applying to the same program, lol. I am definitely in a boat!