University South Alabama DNP - Review anyone??
- 0Dec 6, '10 by BrandybunsRNHello - I'm very interested in the USA DNP program online (plan to specialize in cardiovascular). I'm just curious if anyone has a review or comments on the school since being accepted???? The program seems perfect for my needs, allowing me to work while doing the program, and I even get to specialize in my field! But before I commit myself to a school like this (although the tuition seems the most reasonable of those I've seen), I would love to get some feedback? Anything good/bad/otherwise would be great!
- 0Dec 12, '10 by JayMH1984I have been accepted and will be entering the BSN to DNP Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program in the Spring... I have had great interactions so far, and have heard great things about the Pediatric Programs, but would love to know more about how they do things as far as the format, clinical and invasive skills, etc?
As far as your question, I have heard mixed reviews about the FNP program, mainly negative, and have heard some good things about the ACNP.
- 0Jan 30, '11 by Le-Lee_FNPwondering the same thing about USA. I'm currently in a different online FNP program but was actually thinking about transferring to USA for their Adult/Geri Acute NP program. I applied for summer semester and am waiting to hear back. If i get accepted I'll have to decide wheather to transfer or stay where i am. So it would be nice to hear some feedback.
- 0Jan 31, '11 by USA RNStudent _FNP Where are you now??
I am trying to get info on post-master cert program on USA or UAB birmingham, no response yet but I have read some negative about the USA NP programs, maily staff involvement and poor communications. BTW I am a USA MSN grad (administration) and at that time (04/05) it was an excellent program!!
- 2Feb 1, '11 by middleageNPSpeaking as a recently graduated USA FNP... Their FNP program is very lacking, it is basically a self taught program with excessive weeding out students process (about 30% survives). Very little support from instructors. This may be b/c of the high demand for the FNP programs. I heard they have 3x the number of applicants this year b/c of the possible DNP requirement by 2015.
As far as I know, other NP tracks are OK (less number of students).
- 0Mar 5, '11 by ShugRN2010@USA RN: I am starting the MSN Executive Nurse Administration program in Summer 2011. I'm so excited and eager to start the program. I read that you are a Nurse Administration graduate from USA. Will you please give me some pointers on the program and valuable information that I will need in order to be successful in the program. Thanks!