Loyola New Orleans DNP Summer/Fall 2013 - page 3
Has anyone applied to or has already been granted admission to Loyola BSN-DNP starting this summer/fall?If you are waiting on acceptance how long have you been waiting? If you are already accepted how was the admission process?... Read More
- 0Mar 5, '13 by Layna22Hey y'all, sorry I haven't responded. Congrats on all your interviews! I just looked in order to give y'all a frame of reference, and my interview was November 17th, and I was accepted on December 7th. I may have been shorter if not for Thanksgiving (but who knows). I sent my $500 deposit back January 5th, and it still hasn't been deposited, I'm not sure why though. Maybe they are waiting on the remainder of the applicants who are accepted.
- 0Mar 6, '13 by Born_2BRNQuote from Layna22Did you apply starting summer? I haven't set up an interview yet. They said a faculty will contact me scheduling interview. Not sure when but hopefully soon?Hey y'all, sorry I haven't responded. Congrats on all your interviews! I just looked in order to give y'all a frame of reference, and my interview was November 17th, and I was accepted on December 7th. I may have been shorter if not for Thanksgiving (but who knows). I sent my $500 deposit back January 5th, and it still hasn't been deposited, I'm not sure why though. Maybe they are waiting on the remainder of the applicants who are accepted.
- 0Mar 6, '13 by Layna22Yea, I think we start towards the end of May. I think it took about a week to let me know what faculty member I would be interviewing with, and then that faculty member contacted me and set up an interview time. If you haven't already, set up a Skype account and get that going. So you can have it as soon as you need to.
- 0Mar 6, '13 by dnt8178Layna22
Do you know when the week of orientation at the school starts? Is it before school starts or does it take place during the first week? I am also waiting to hear from the faculty member regarding my interview. I have to admit I am getting very excited( like I have already been admitted...maybe my gut knows something I don't). I saw earlier where you had already paid your deposit so I was wondering if you had anymore info about what's coming. If we are starting in may everything is going to happen really fast for the later acepted students so I am trying to think ahead.
- 0Mar 7, '13 by motherofhenCan anyone who has already started the program tell me a little bit about the classes/curriculum? I'm a little nervous that the program is full time only- makes things hard for someone like me who carries the insurance for the family. It's making me anxious!! I'm also curious about funding.... Have those of you who have been admitted been able to take advantage of grants and all that?
- 0Mar 7, '13 by Mom To 4Some people do have scholarships but I don't know about grants. I'm taking loans for the whole thing. We have many people that work full time and do this program. It is very difficult but they are grinning and bearing it. You have to decide how much you want it if you are in that position. I only work prn. The program recommends not working at all. Like every other program some classes are easy like Family Theory, some are hard like Pathophysiology or Pharmacotherapeutics, and some just time consuming like Theory or research.