ANCC NP certification exam study tips
- 0Jul 31, '08 by vanrnI am interested in hearing how recent ANCC or ACNP test takers prepared for their exams. My test is next week and I have been using Fitzgerald's certification review manual as my basic guide. Do others consider this adequate or maybe found that it wasn't good enough? Sure I know its a little late to change strategy now but I do have four full days to bone up in other areas if need be. Thanks for your input! MaryV
- 16,616 Views
- 0Jul 31, '08 by ANPFNPGNPQuote from vanrnI've known a lot of people, including myself, who only used the Fitzgerald study guide and we all passed.I am interested in hearing how recent ANCC or ACNP test takers prepared for their exams. My test is next week and I have been using Fitzgerald's certification review manual as my basic guide. Do others consider this adequate or maybe found that it wasn't good enough? Sure I know its a little late to change strategy now but I do have four full days to bone up in other areas if need be. Thanks for your input! MaryV
Are you able to take off from work and study until the test? I would recommend everyone taking a full week off and studying 24/7 before taking their tests.
- 0Aug 1, '08 by LisaFNPHas anyone used the Zerwekh and Claborn study guide? It comes with a CD for the computer. It has 1300 questions int he test bank and will give you 175 random questions. I do ok sometimes, but othertimes I get stumped with strange OB and peds questions. I have been concentrating mainly on Fitzgerald.
I graduated from the Univeristy of Illinois in May as an FNP, just waiting to take ANCC boards.
Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks
- 0Jan 19, '11 by nukkaNPHow can I study for the theory, legal, ethical, and research areas of the ANCC FNP exam?
A lot of folks have recommended going through theory and legal books from school, but I would like some more specific recommendations. Could someone give some examples of the kind of questions I will see or know any resources where I could find some of these questions?
Also, does anyone know how soon you can schedule your exam once you are deemed eligible to test?
I have the latest Fitzgerald review book. However, I have her CDs from 2009, and I have Barkley's CDs and review book from 2008.
I am planning on taking the ANCC FNP exam early February.
- 0Jan 20, '11 by mariefrnJust took my ANCC boards today - huge anxiety going in- the best last minute thing to do is to buy the practice questions on the ANCC website. Honestly a lot of the questions on the test you will have no clue about aka research, ethic, theory stuff. The questions teach you how to rule out the wrong answers, it helped me a lot. There really weren't as many clinical questions as I thought. Somehow I passed so it must have worked.
- 0Jul 15, '11 by SUAPNI2010I am taking the ANCC GNP certification exam in August. Does anyone know how well I ought to be doing on practice exams to be in good shape to pass the certification exam? How does the "raw score" translate to the way they score at ANCC? For example, could one estimate that if I'm consistently getting around 80% on practice exams that I will pass? Or should I be shooting for closer to 90%? Or is 70% sufficient? Does anyone know about how many questions out of the 150 translates to the minimum score of "350" needed to pass the exam? Any thoughts/advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.