Interview Questions

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hello!

I will be interviewing for the pediatric icu next week and looking for possible questions I may be asked! I'm coming from non-icu care of adults in an acute care setting. Wanting this experience so bad and would love interview question tips!

Specializes in OB, Medical-Legal, Public Health.

My first job out of LVN school was on the pediatric floor. It was interesting and challenging. The most memorable cases were patients with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Sickle Cell Anemia and third-degree burns.

I would find out about the unit and what their usual census includes: respiratory, cardiac, trauma, diabetes, etc...I'd prepare for "How would you respond?" questions. If you are staying in the same facility and have worked with some of the physicians or ancillary personnel that visit their unit, I'd mention that. Have you taken PALS recently? Reviewing the material before the interview would put you in the pediatric mid-set. If you haven't taken PALS I'd plan to and tell them. Have you taken any recent continuing education classes dealing with pediatrics? If so, share this.

Remember you got the interview which means they like the sound of your credentials. You've already made a positive impression.

+ Add a Comment