Fertility Nurse?

Nurses Career Support

Published

Hey everyone! So I'm having a slight dilemma. I'm at my one year mark for being a nurse. I work med surg. Love my patients. The facility? Not so much. They have been getting dinged for going over budget. So now we are rushed out every morning, even if your work isn't complete, they tell you time management. We sometimes get 7 patients. So I have been looking, and I have an interview for a Fertility Nurse position. Great work life balance. The only thing is I will lose skills. My worry is, if I decide not to do this forever, it will probably be hard to get back in a hospital setting. I know this is a personal decision, but if it were you? What would you do? My other thought is to maybe go PRN at the hospital. Thanks for all the feedback in advance!!

Specializes in Medsurg/ICU, Mental Health, Home Health.

Go to the interview first :) And find out all you can about this potential new job - is shadowing a possibility?

Honestly, if losing your skills is your concern, I wouldn't worry all that much. And working PRN is a great idea if you think you may miss acute care.

I can find out about shadowing. The work life balance will be great! I'm think I'm just scared to leave also, because I feel like I will be letting my boss down. They gave me a chance fresh out of school, and here I am already leaving.

I know this thread is a little old, but did you end up taking the job? I would love to hear how it's going for you. I interviewed at a fertility clinic today and I'm really interested in it!

+ Add a Comment