University of San Diego MEPN 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hi! Just wondering who is applying to the Fall 2018 cohort!

Hi there! I am planning on applying to the Fall 2018 cohort as well :)

Hi! I am applying for the Fall 2018 cohort. I submitted the application early last week and received confirmation from USD that it was received, but had it redelivered by NursingCAS due to a couple of foreign credits I earned abroad back in the day. I am getting those credits evaluated and hope to resubmit ASAP. It looks like the deadline changed from 11/1 to 11/9 (according to NursingCAS). Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thank you for starting this thread!

Hi everyone! I am applying as well. According to my NursingCAS, the deadline is still 11/1/17.

Hi everyone! This thread is pretty quiet...does everyone have their materials in? I got my foreign credits all figured out, and on NursingCAS my application says it has been 'verified'. I am hoping that is the last step and that means it has been forwarded to USD.

Hey everyone! I submitted my application but I was wondering why did you guys choose to apply to USD? I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. Greatly appreciated!

Hi all! I'm a 1st year MEPN student and just wanted to say good luck with the application process!!! Feel free to ask any questions you might have :)

@hwillis92 Hi! Thank you so much! Why did you apply to USD and how do you like the program?

Hi!! My letter of recommendations are still in progress. Do you guys know what the deadline is for the recommenders? Thanks

@hwillis92 Hi! Thank you so much! Why did you apply to USD and how do you like the program?

I applied to USD because I really liked that you got your MSN at the end of the program but didn't have to specialize in a field (like family NP) because while I think I do want to become an NP eventually I'm not sure the field and a truly want to work as a bedside nurse for a while. To be honest, I was set on going to a school out of California (I've lived in CA my whole life) because I wanted a new experience but after I went to the USD interview I fell in love with the school and the program.

I'm about half way through my first semester and I really enjoy it so far. We have one day of lecture, one day of clinical, and one day of skills lab. Sometimes it can seem a little disorganized but I guess that's just the way it goes. The faculty truly wants all of the students to suceed and it's comforting knowing there's that support system. Overall I am happy with my choice of choosing USD :)

@hwillis92 Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate your input. As a student, you said that you have one day of lecture, one day of clinical, and one day of skills lab. Does that mean its possible to work and go your classwork/clinicals at the same time?

I think it really depends on how organized you are and how much you stay on top of your studies. Here's what my typical week looks like: I have a clinical day from 6:30am-5pm, lecture day from 9am-8pm with a lunch and dinner break, and then a lab day from 8:30am-3pm. On my days off I have quite a lot of studying because we usually have some form of exam or quiz every week. I personally would probably be able to handle one day of work a week but nothing more than that. Come summer semester, you have 3 days of clinical and one day of lecture and it is notorious for being the hardest semester. So I think it depends on the semester and also the type of student you are (with your organization and prioritzation skills and what not). Hope this answers your question!

+ Add a Comment