Probation in California. Which state can I work in without restrictions

Nurses Career Support

Published

Hello all of you wonderful nurses out there!!!

I have an odd question for you. I have recently been placed on probation in California for 3 years. This unfortunate situation has been financially, emotionally and actually physically draining. I was instructed by my probation monitor, actually that there are some states that will not "acknowledge" my probation in California. And will allow me to be an RNin their state. Do any of you know what state(s) are the ones that would Allow this? I can place my California RN license in 'tolled status' and upon returning to this state, resume my probation.

Thank you in advance for any information you may have in regards to this issue/question.

Specializes in Tele, ICU, Staff Development.
Hello all of you wonderful nurses out there!!!

I have an odd question for you. I have recently been placed on probation in California for 3 years. This unfortunate situation has been financially, emotionally and actually physically draining. I was instructed by my probation monitor, actually that there are some states that will not "acknowledge" my probation in California. And will allow me to be an RNin their state. Do any of you know what state(s) are the ones that would Allow this? I can place my California RN license in 'tolled status' and upon returning to this state, resume my probation.

Thank you in advance for any information you may have in regards to this issue/question.

Every state will ask if you have any discipline or restrictions on your license as part of the application/endorsement process. This may be different if your license is from a compact state- but CA is not a compact state. Each board of nursing makes its own licensing determination- maybe that's what your monitor meant. Best wishes

I do not see how, during a backround check when your info is run any record of arrest will show up. Now there are states out there which don't acknowledge California laws and they really don't have to if theirs are different (gun laws for instance.) But an arrest will show up in all and I don't see how it could be not-acknowledged.

I am in this same exact position. Was hoping to find some answers! Did you figure it out?

+ Add a Comment