PALO ALTO VA New Grad Spring 2017

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hello,

Has anyone heard back from HR regarding an interview from the VA hospital yet?

I was told that interviews will be scheduled before 2/24.

I got a call on Friday. Did a brief phone interview and now scheduled to come in for a face-to-face interview this week.

For those of you that have heard back, which units are your interviews for and did your status on USAJOBS change from "received" to "reviewed"?

Hello, not yet! Which unit did you apply to?

Mine is " recieved"

when is your inteerviews? i just put med surg, she didnt tell me what unit i was intervieing for i igues just med surg. my interviews wed andd i am scared

Good luck!! You will do great tomorrow! Wishing you the best of luck

BigCatMeows, and for everyone else this applies to, no need to be scared! If a nurse manager likes you enough on paper to select you for an interview this quickly, chances are pretty great that they will hire you, regardless of any concerns you might have peri-interview. Based on my own experience with VA interviews (non-liscensed) and from what I've heard from VA RN's, interview questions are very behavioral based with a strong emphasis on priority and delegation. They are scripted and will probably be read by the nurse manager and one or two floor nurses. Nothing too technical. Here is a link for some interview questions that may help. Congratulations, and don't forget to tell them that I am still waiting for my phone call!!!

https://myusf.usfca.edu/system/files/Career_Services/nursing-interview-ques.pdf

Hello any updates for new grad position? I called HR today and they said they will make calls next week

I got nothing so far, I think they said they will make calls by today. 2/21/29 Tues,they stated on the day of the interview.

So I assume I am rejected. I know that I heard for VA, they are very slow with getting their stuff together. So not I really don't know what is going on

Hello any updates for new grad position? I called HR today and they said they will make calls next week

my status still says "recieved" how aboutyou

+ Add a Comment