Question about being rehirable (HCA)

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Greetings! I am in my Senior year of my BSN and looking towards my Job Search. I have a question. Back in 2008, when I was 22, I worked as a patient registrar for an HCA facility. I experienced discrimination from my shift manager and instead of following up with HR and covering my you-know -what, I abandoned the position.

Fast-forward to present day and I am itching to move back home after finishing nursing school. The only problem is the area that I am from is mostly HCA facilities. I am wondering if anyone has any insight as to the re-hiring policy with HCA?

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20 and if I had understood just how vast HCA's hold on the hospital market is (or even thought I would actually be a nurse) I would have made a different decision. I honestly felt that going to HR would do no good.

Thanks!

Specializes in Leadership, Psych, HomeCare, Amb. Care.

Many do not rehires are time limited unless it's for fighting, stealing, abusing a patient, etc.

8 years is a long time, so I'd say go ahead and give it a shot.

Specializes in Vascular Access.

At my organization (not HCA) when an employee terms for whatever reason the manager determines whether or not that employee could be considered for rehire. I do not know if this is how HCA practices.

But it's worth a try and if you did have negative marks in your employee file maybe they'll consider you now that you have your BSN.

Thanks for the replies!!

+ Add a Comment