CCRI Nursing ProgramRegister Today!
- by mber115 Sep 12, '10Hi
I am a new student in the CCRI nursing program. I am looking for someone on here who has been through nursing 1 already as I have some general questions about clinicals.
- Sep 12, '10 by tnbutterflyThread moved to Rhode Island Nsg Programs discussion forum. Hopefully you will get responses from the RI nurses.
- Sep 12, '10 by mber115Thank you!!
- Sep 12, '10 by tnbutterflyYou are very welcome.
- Sep 13, '10 by frogs4131I'm in Nurs 5 at CCRI.
- Sep 21, '10 by mber115Hi Frogs4131
Sorry it took me a while to respond.
I am just trying to get a feel for how the exams are..I have my first one in nursing 1010 next week. Do you have any suggestions/recommendations for studying? We have been assigned a ton of reading and are also using power points..did you find that the questions are mainly based on stuff outlined in powerpoints or do a lot of questions come from the readings that are assigned? Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.
- Sep 24, '10 by frogs4131Most of the questions come from the books. Mainly your fundamentals and whatever your other main book is (we used Lewis). If they make a point to really go over something in class then it will definitely be on the exam for ex. how long should you wash visibly dirty hands etc. I found Straight A's to be helpful and also the online resources that come with your book. If you're using Evolve you can go online and print up the key points and tests for each chapter. Those are very useful for studying. If your book comes with a study guide I would definitely buy it even if they didn't recommend it. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
- Sep 25, '10 by mber115thanks!
- Oct 6, '10 by k31kozumithanks.
im in nursing 1010 right now too and appreciate the advice. ill have to look for the study guide.
- Mar 31, '11 by AmarilisHi, I had just been conditionally accepted into CCRI's Nursing Program Fall 2011, and I was just wondering how long did it take for them to finalize an acceptance?