Things Rehab Nurses Cannot Live Without!!
- 0Jul 2, '13 by PortCity_RNI have just accepted a position doing short-term rehabilitation in a Rehab and Long-term care facility. I am excited to begin, and am wondering what tools/tips you all have to survive those tough days and even just your ordinary shift!
So far my list is ... coffee, water, stethoscope, and a pen :-)
What else should I have so I can be totally prepared to provide an exceptional patient care experience?
- 1Jul 3, '13 by TheCommuter, ASN, RN Senior Moderator1. Scissors with blunt tips (for wound care)
2. Tape measure (to measure wounds, calf size, etc.)
3. Yellow highlighter (to highlight D/Cd orders on the MAR/TAR)
4. Red ink pen in addition to the black ink pen
5. Paper tablet or composition notebook for note-taking
6. Gait belt (to assist with transferring patients from bed to wheelchair)
7. Three-ring binder to keep master copies of important paperwork