Any one having problems with declining census?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Any one having problems with declining census? in Rehabilitation Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Hello, I work at a rehab hospital in central ohio. Our census has declined over the last month to...by kati26 Feb 20Hello, I work at a rehab hospital in central ohio. Our census has declined over the last month to the point that days off are being given to the staff. I am curious if other areas of the country have noticed a decline too?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=816845©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 807 Views
- Feb 20 by adnrnstudentUps and downs. 3 weeks ago, 2-3 nurses a shift being low-censused, now we're getting overtime.
- Feb 20 by ExAirBagRNFlorida Rehab RN here.........Snowbirds bring our census up this time of year, as you can imagine! At my hospital, we don't bring in Agency nurses with the increased census.Staff nurses are offered contracts December thru April that are comperable to an Agency rate.......Payday rocks this time of year!!!!
- Feb 21 by TheCommuterI work at a rehab hospital in Texas. Census has been burgeoning (up, up, up) over the past three to four months to the point that management has recently done a bunch of hiring of new employees.
My worries revolve around the inevitable reality that census will seasonally drop during the summer, perhaps earlier. After having hired all of these new people, they're going to be canceling shifts like crazy when census drops (and it will).
- Feb 22 by mom2ckafeast or famine - we're fairly full right now
- Feb 28 by blackvans1234My facility is in need of a liasion, so I don't know if the reason of our poor census is due to that, or actual lack of people that need rehab.
Also, insurance companies are not willing to give rehab time to people unless they have many co-morbidities and the like. (inpatient hospital rehab)
- Mar 1 by Tanderso_rnWe're experiencing low census too. I work for a rehab center in Wisconsin. It gets frustrating at times.