Associates degree

  1. Hi I am Amanda and I am in high school planning on being an ER nurse and my frist step is to be a RN. I am pretty sure I am going for the Associates degree and all I found were technical colleges? is that right?
    I don't really know if that is but hope you can answer my questions?

  2. Visit happy_bunny_101 profile page

    About happy_bunny_101

    Joined: Jan '08; Posts: 5; Likes: 1


  3. by   TheCommuter
    70 percent of all RNs in the US are educated at the associate degree level, and the vast majority of these associate degrees in nursing were earned at local community colleges.

    Community colleges most commonly offer the associates degree in nursing. Other institutions that offer the associates degree (ADN) include technical colleges, trade schools, and some state universities.
  4. by   Tweety
    As long as it's accredited and allows you to sit for NCLEX RN, don't worry that it's a technical school. I went to Fayetteville Technical Community College in North Carolina for my ADN and am doing fine.
  5. by   azor
    To me,i'll tell you to go for Associate degree in an accredited school that can teach you all you need to pass and take you nclex and be what you want to be,you can go for your BSN when you must have been on your feet.Goodluck in your choice.Azor