Accreditation question ...Register Today!
- by Devon Rex Apr 22, '12Hello.
I'm currently a student nurse @ Herzing University (Winter Park, FL) and plan on continuing on all the way to DNP once I graduate. They are NLN accredited and they also offer a bachelor's degree, but not MSN or DNP degrees.
As I move forward with my education, what accreditation should I look for in institutions that offer the DNP degree?
- 820 Views
- Apr 23, '12 by UVA Grad NursingLook for programs where the DNP programs have CCNE accreditation (not just accreditation for the MSN programs).
NLN accreditation covers the accreditation for programs from the CNA level to the BSN level. CCNE covers BSN degrees and above.
- Apr 24, '12 by Devon RexThank you so much !!!
- Aug 28 by kabfighterNLNAC accredits all programs, not just up to BSN. CCNE doesn't accredit programs below a BSN, though.
- Aug 28 by Penguin67NLN does not accredit doctoral programs.
- Aug 28 by MeriwhenActually, NLNAC--now calling itself ACEN--does accredit doctoral programs. Per their website, they've accredited 7 of them.
About ACEN | Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.