Accepted! Simmons' Dix Scholar Program Summer 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 7 by MassRN11Congratulations! I attended Simmons College too. Great education, you will love it!
- Mar 15 by cooper33MassRN, did you attend the accelerated BSN program? Any thoughts on how it prepared you or your employment opportunities after gradution? I have been accepted and I really like what I've heard about the program, but have also been accepted to a considerably less expensive accelerated BSN. I am really torn! Any advice is appreciated!
- Mar 27 by TeriGeneOk, I'd like to hear a response to cooper33's post too! I'm in freak out mode right now as well. I'm waiting to hear from someone about my Dix scholar application status to that I may separate from the military. My app is in final review, so wish me luck. If not, then I will have to reenlist for another 4 years just to have job security until I am able to apply again to nursing schools. (not the end of the world) In the meantime, I'll just begin my Master's degree program online. I am trying to remain positive and I expect to to get an acceptance letter in the mail soon! I thought that military life was challenging, but this waiting game is no JOKE! I need some reassurance. Waiting for another week or two sounds impossible right now.
- Apr 1 by hcadyHi!
I was accepted to the SUmmer 2013 start date for the dix scholar nursing program as well. I am very excited to get started! I was wondering what people were doing for living accommodations?
- May 2 by kgcoonCongrats everyone! I was just accepted to the 18 month nursing program at simmons too! I am trying to make a decision right now about attending...I am still waiting to hear from the accelerated program at MCPHS in Worcester. Any suggestions? Where are you guys all living?
- May 14 by BostonTerrierDoes anyone know when the orientation is? Or if we even have one? My advisor told me classes start 6/28 but I haven't received any info by mail yet! It's getting so close to June I'm getting antsy!
- May 16 by JenElizabethRNCongrats to all of you! I'm a current direct entry Simmons student myself (a friend of mine was in the Dix program) and I'll admit you don't get much information until you show to orientation (DE and Dix student orientation/start time is the same day); my orientation was mid-June before I started classes at the end of June and I heard about the date about a month before.
I will say that Simmons finds you awesome clinical placements to look forward to!