Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Courses CPI?? - page 2

Hi All: Has anyone ever heard of CPI They teach numerous courses, including Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. They can be found at: http:// My wife states that as a... Read More

  1. by   Topaz7
    Yes. Our facility uses it, has used it for several years now. Everyone that works directly with or comes in contact with patients has to be certified in it. It is good for one year. I think it is very helpful, you learn stance between you and the patient, how to block and get out of the situation, what to do if bitten by a Pt, in a hair pull, and the team control position which is much safer for the Pt then the traditional "take downs" which aren't even allowed here anymore.
  2. by   elkpark
    There are a bunch of different courses like this "out there." I'm surprised that the OP works in a group home and hasn't already had some kind of training; in the states in which I've worked over the years, it is required (for licensure) that employers in settings like group homes provide training in a CPI-type program (of course, I realize that different states have different standards).