Private Duty in FloridaRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Private Duty in Florida in Private Duty Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... My dream is to move to the Florida panhandle in the next 2 years and I was wondering what the job...by luvtwilight Jan 14, '12My dream is to move to the Florida panhandle in the next 2 years and I was wondering what the job outlook would be for me as an RN in home health care, specifically private duty care. Are there plenty of agencies in the area? Do they have enough clients to give you steady full time work? And of course the question that is always asked, what is the pay like in the area? TIA!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=662243©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,377 Views
- Feb 15 by atisham1did you ever find anything with private nursing in florida?
- Feb 15 by luvtwilightNope still waiting for house to sell and can't find anyone to tell me what they make in private duty.
- Feb 15 by Blackcat99I am an LPN who left private duty in the Florida panhandle 5 months ago. They were paying LPN's $15 an hour and RN's $16-17 an hour.
- Feb 15 by luvtwilightAhhh finally a reply! Thank you so much Blackcat99!
- Apr 14 by rangleaI have worked PDN as a vent nurse in Wisconsin for 6 years. I am hoping to relocate to the Florida Panhandle soon, and have already been licensed but not sure how to go about getting patients once I get there. I have an NPI number and am vent certified(Wisco) . Does anyone know if you are required to be RCS certified in Florida to care for vent patients? Any ideas to resource private duty patients without working for an agency? The pay in Wisconsin is great, but no benefits when you are independent. Working for an agency, the pay is poor and they take most of the profit! I posted a resume on Craigslist but no interest.
Thanks for any insight anyone could offer.
- Apr 29 by BerryHappyI'm not in the Panhandle, I'm in the Southeast...Sarasota. LPN's here working Home Health or private duty make around $20/hour and RN's about $40. I worked agency as an LPN and earned $20 sometimes more. I am now a newly graduated RN and am earning $41 doing PRN HH.