Wake me up when March ends!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Wake me up when March ends! in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... March is an incredibly stressful month. It's the month where you've pretty much done everything you...by nursefelly Mar 8March is an incredibly stressful month. It's the month where you've pretty much done everything you can possibly do in applying for nursing school (or any school for that matter) and all you can do is sit on your hands and wait for that acceptance or rejection letter. I am excited to see so many other forum members already receiving word from their perspective schools, but the two schools I've applied to will not respond until next month. In fact, one of the two schools I've applied for hasn't even reached it's application deadline yet!
So what do we do now? I have worked myself up so much that I am having increasingly frequent anxiety attacks. I want to hear what everyone else is doing to get their minds off of the waiting (and the possibility of a no ). What do you do to reduce your anxiety? I need advice!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=820285©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 898 Views
- Mar 8 by MusicToMedicineI know! I feel the same. But the time will pass and April will come. I have received one acceptance to the ADN program I applied to (my backup school so I'll at least start school in the fall no matter what), but I'm waiting on news from the BSN program that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to. Oh man the wait feels like forever. Patience is not my forte :P
- Mar 8 by MusicToMedicineAnd as for what to do in the meantime . . . are you taking any classes right now? Having other assignments to work on can help. If not, how about setting some short term goals. Maybe a fitness goal or start a new hobby? Or plan a weekend trip to a fun, not-too-far-away destination so you have something to look forward to in the short term. Good luck to you
- Mar 8 by zoe92I think this waiting game is the real March madness! But I agree with the above, I stay busy with work and these last 2 classes I'm taking.
- Mar 8 by SopranoKrisI'm just working on classes towards the BSN & PA school until I hear if I'm in or not. Won't know until the last week of April and the wait is LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG!!!
- Mar 8 by KatsmeowI applied to nursing school for fall. My first choice will be sending out email invitations for interviews at the end of march or first week of April. I'm very nervous and hope it works out. I'm not taking any classes this semester, but to keep my mind off the wait ive been lurking here on AN reading various threads and i have invested in the anatomy and physiology coloring books to help me maintain a good foundation of base knowledge before nursing school.
- Mar 8 by nursefellyI am currently enrolled in Nutrition and Microbiology. Microbiology is way too much fun for a pre-requisite class! I've only recently discovered this site and have begun to lurk, but I've noticed my anxiety increasing instead of decreasing from this site. I guess stress is contagious! LOL! I like the A&P coloring books... that is a very good idea. I do worry that maybe I've become rusty on my A&P. Maybe in my spare time I will work on that. Thanks for all the advice/support. I have to admit it makes me feel better just knowing I am not alone in my piercing anxiety. I wish you all the best of luck!
- Mar 8 by KatsmeowOoh I loved micro!!! But it made me a lot more germ conscious than ever before lol. I'm constantly washing and sanitizing my hands at home now more than I used to. Which isn't a bad thing if I'll be washing my hands all day as a nurse
- Mar 9 by nursefellyLol MamaKate, I feel like Micro is making me into a germaphobe! I feel like I may be over doing it on the hand-sanitizer sometimes. If I use the rest room, I will scrub my hands and use hand sanitizer. I do it before a cook. I will sanitize my hands before and after holding my nephew. Since I don't feel too much anxiety, I'm not worried about the seemingly compulsive behavior lol. I just like my hands to be clean
- Mar 9 by SopranoKrisWhen you finish Micro, you'll never want to use hand sanitizer after doing the experiment that shows which common household cleaners kill bacteria better. Hand sanitizer ended up being the least effective. Yeah...totally upped my germophobia!!!!