Should I give up on trying to get into an Accelerated MSN program? I got a B in A&P1?Register Today!
- by delrepublica1776 Jul 14, '10I got an 88.1 in the class, but at my community college, that counts as a "B". I'm scheduled to take A&P II starting tomorrow, but I don't know whether or not to just seek a refund for the course and work full-time.
Am I screwed out of getting into nursing school now?
- Jul 14, '10 by RossayRNGetting a B (which isn't a bad grade) doesn't keep you from getting into nursing school. School will be based on more than just one class. GPA usually has something to do with it.., and you don't have to have all As to get in, other wise there would be a lot of empty nursing schools. As long as you are getting As and Bs, I wouldn't quite. Definitely not for getting 1 B. Good Luck
- Jul 14, '10 by K nurse-one-dayI got a B in API, Microbiology, humanities and English and Im still in good position to get in to my program!
- Jul 14, '10 by CheckSixI also got a B in A&PI and was also a bit discouraged. However, it got better the following semester and I got an A in A&P II. I was just accepted into the Nursing program and start this Fall.
B is an easy grade to make up. You came close to a 90, you'll do better in A&PII. You might just have to revise your studying habits.
Cheer up and good luckLast edit by CheckSix on Jul 14, '10
- Jul 15, '10 by Knitter72I wouldn't give up on being a nurse because of a B.
I would, however, cultivate several options. I suggest looking into BSN and ADN programs, too. Applying to several programs is a prudent course of action regardless of how good one's grades are.