Need to take stats, micro, & psych elective...should I add chem on top?Register Today!
- by Mosie posie Sep 14The spring is my last semester of prerequisite, I am taking statistics, microbiology, and abnormal psych as my social science elective. I have not taken chemistry and think it would probably be a good idea, should I take it with these other three classes?
- 417 Views
- Sep 14 by illusion9376If you can handle it I say go for it! However you are already looking at a hard semester, adding chemistry will make it harder. Chemistry alone is an extremely difficult class.
- Sep 14 by queseraseraKnowing what I know now (having taken all those classes) I wouldn't have paired micro with another science (I took it w. A&P I). Just my opinion, I found it to be challenging, I had so many bacteria, viruses, diseases, treatments, drugs, cultures, identifications etc to learn, memorize and do that It was hard for me to balance.
I think I would've been fine had I not been taking 16 credits of math and science! But I really worked hard and still didn't get an A.
Take my experience with a grain of salt, everyones experience is different, but for me it didn't work out as well as I'd have liked it to!
- Sep 14 by carefulcareSeems like a lot. If you are not married or do not have kids or do not work then go for it. But personally I would not take more than two sciences with other classes together unless i did not have family or worked.
- Sep 14 by Mosie posieMy other option is auditing the chemistry class, as I don't need it to transfer. I just think it would be good to go over it.
- Sep 14 by queseraseraThen Audit! Definitely a good foundation is chemistry will be critical to further courses and TEAS V!
- Sep 14 by TWierschAuditing sounds like a good plan!
- Sep 18 by Mosie posieThank you all for your opinions
- Sep 19 by coolinbysoundif you've never had chemistry in high school before or if you did and vaguely remember anything and if you have weak algebra skills then take chemistry on a lighter load