Going back to school for RN after many, many years - page 2
i have orientation for an associateís degree rn program tonight at a local community college. boy, am i nervous - about anything and everything. in high school, i was pretty smart - honor roll. now, iím 35 and not really sure how... Read More
- 0Quote from lollilaI've taken the accuplacer test, and it wasn't that bad. I am also 42, and was so worried, but it went pretty well. It helped me because alot of what my 4th grader's math was, was on the test...so some of it looked familiar. I am just no good at Algebra, thankfully there wasn't a ton of that on there. Good luck! It's great hearing from other over 40 year olds!
WHHOOO HHOOO All The 1960 's to 1970's Boys and Girls Here!!! redpinkhe
I keep telling my girls (18 & almost 10) that I loved growing up in the 70's and 80's Things sure are creepy scary for kids today. They can not believe we had NO computers ... I tell them we had something called the dewey decimal system-(research ) They just do not understand how we made it..... uuuggghhh and with out a CELL phone too!!!
I am so nervous about this accuplacer/compass..I have bought almost every test prep book known today.. was it more basic math than the advanced Algebra & Geometry ???
- 0Jun 24, '11 by Mrs. BeeHello ALL,
It's amazing that we are all returning to accomplish the same goal. I'm 34 and a new mom and wife.. I decided that I was in a career that I'm not happy in AT ALL.. I have always known that I wanted to be a nurse,.. An I'm finally doing it..
I started in the spring taking Pre reqs - I'm sure this whole process will take me about 3 yrs.. But the future looks soo bright..
I'm much more focused on school now than when I was younger.. LOL -
I wish you all the BEST of LUCK... Congrats to your future..
- 0It must be our time.. Feels so good !! If any of you have read any of my other posts , you will know that I come from the world of Sales, HR Staffing & Recruitment-over 15+ yrs exp. I highly encourage everyone to start increasing your network of Dept Heads,Hr,Recruitment and CNO's. Once in our Core Classes you must build up your "salesmanship" skills. The most important product or service you will ever sell is YOU.
- 0Jan 31, '12 by Cekua01Thanks to you all for your post. I've been out of school for 10+ years and am working full time, married with a 2 yr old, plus one on the way. I'm feeling really motivated to get started after the baby, but I was a little discouraged thinking maybe I can't handle it with all I have going on. I'll never know unless I try. Hope we all make it!!
- 0Feb 3, '12 by determined_30I am a 32 year old mother of four and have always dreamed of becoming a nurse. I started taken prerequisites a while back and kept putting it of due to family life. So I decided after my son is in school I will continue taking my prerequisites at full force. I have a soc class, gen. bio class A&P 1 AND 2, micro, and a nutrition class to complete. I want to get all my prerequisites done before I apply so I can concentrate more on the actual nursing classes once I get in.
- 0Feb 3, '12 by Boxer MamaI am 34 years old and I am in the third semester of prerequisite classes now, hoping to apply to the RN program after this summer semester! Becoming a nurse is something I have wanted for many years and I finally jumped in last summer. I find that I am a better student now than I was back when I first went to college. I am loving my classes and I do like studying. It is a nice break from being "mom" of my three kids. Good luck!!!!!
- 0Feb 7, '12 by bmc90000iím also 42 and headed back to school. i just retired from the military; my career field isnít doing so well in this economy. i will be headed back to school next month and only six classes will transfer. my focus is helping all my brothers and sisters who are injured, in doing so it will also help me. good luck