Financial Help for Military Spouses MyCAARegister Today!
This is a discussion on Financial Help for Military Spouses MyCAA in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I came across this program availible for the spouses of military families to pursue certain...by RLeeRN Oct 5, '11I came across this program availible for the spouses of military families to pursue certain education goals that will adapt to the mobility of the military family. If you know a military family get the word out. This seems like it would be perfect for a 2 year RN or an LPN program etc......Take care.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=625181©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 934 Views
- Oct 6, '11 by ParkerBeanCurdRN,BSNIs there a link you can post? I am sure the information will be appreciated by those in the military and their families.
- Oct 6, '11 by RLeeRNThanks for the reminder about the link.....Here is a link with some more information on the MyCAA program. https://www.militaryonesource.com/MO...tAccounts.aspx
- Oct 6, '11 by Jen3pThat's a great program. I started out using it when it was open to all ranks, then I guess as they got such a big response from it, they limited it, so I was cut off. Really stunk to have to pay fully out of pocket after that.
- Oct 6, '11 by RLeeRNQuote from Jen3pThat's a great program. I started out using it when it was open to all ranks, then I guess as they got such a big response from it, they limited it, so I was cut off. Really stunk to have to pay fully out of pocket after that.
Yes they did down size if you will, by limiting it to more junior ranks among enlisted and officers. I found out about it shortly after it changed and did not qualify. However, it looks like a real help to those who do qualify. Thankfully I found a very veteran, veteran spouse, emergency worker friendly school to pursue my RN-BSN degree with Liberty University Online.
- May 5, '12 by >JustBreathe<I used myCAA when I first started going back to school a while my husband was deployed. I never finished using my funds because he came home. He is in the National Guard and they won't let you use the money unless your spouse is on active duty. They will give you up to 6K and it can only be used for tuition costs.