I am at a crossroads in my life where I have a few choices to move forward. I am currently a 4th year student at a Cal State, and pre-nursing major. I'd love it if I could get some of your words of wisdom, encouragement, two cents, and what have you!
I have applied to two programs - USF and Samuel Merritt University. I have been accepted into the USF nursing program
, but have decided not to enroll because of monetary reasons and because of the length of the program. I won't be hearing from Samuel Merritt until mid-June.
is, hopefully, get into SMU for Fall 2013 and start the program in the Fall. But if I don't ....
is: take Fall 2013 off (because I'm done with all my pre-reqs), and reapply for Spring 2014, I'm hoping I'll have a better chance to get in this semester because there are no sister school priority students taking up the spots for the Spring. This would take me a total of = 2.5 years (including the semester off) and about 80k as well.
is, stay at my Cal State school, and pursue a BA in Child Development immediately this coming Fall 2013, which would take me about 1.5 years to complete (~15k), graduate with the CHAD degree, then apply to an accelerated BSN program (~65k) = in a total of 2.5 years and 80k
*Taking out the loans isn't that big of a deal for me, because it's just something I'm willing to invest in, and since it's the about the same amount of time and money, that's where I'm having the most difficult decision with.
I'm basically stuck between a rock and hard place, and if there are any of you out there with advise or just something to help me make this decision, PLEASE DO SO!
Any input is greatly appreciated