Any other students who are mothers?Register Today!
- by goldenanchor Oct 14I'm a nursing-school-hopeful. Already finished my two-year degree, and I'm working on nursing pre-reqs right now. If all goes as planned, I will start nursing school Fall 2014 (though because I still have some pre-reqs I would be ok with starting Spring 2015).
My biggest concern and challenge while in school is that I'm also a mother! It is no small task, for sure. I also work in a clinic part-time - so balancing all these roles it so hard. I couldn't do it without the help of my husband.
It'd be nice to build a nice support system of other moms in school.
- Oct 14 by EinSD619I am also a mother. I have two boys, school, part time job, and household to maintain. Oh and have to manage quality time with my hunny and some with my pug depending on how many classes I take I could finish my pre requisites in either summer 2015 or fall.
- Oct 14 by EmilysMamaI am a mother, one of which being a medically challenged special needs kid. I'm looking to start in Fall of 14 too. Make sure you have a support system in place. If your kids get sick, have snow days off.. yu need someone to watch them. Good LUck!
- Oct 14 by carefulcareME TOO! We could all use more support! Good luck in your studies. Which courses are you taking? I plan to apply in February for the FALL 2014 Programs.
- Oct 14 by albloveI am a mom as well, I have an 18 month old son and I work a full time job. I applied for Spring 14 to NS but may have to wait till Fall 14 for the Part Time Evening RN program because of work. As of this semester I am done with all my ADN pre-reqs but I am taking BSN pre-reqs while I wait to be accepted. My hubby is great, I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it all without him. Good luck everyone! I know we can do this and make great RN's!
- Oct 15 by MyOwnBlueSkyMother of 2 ages 8 and 9. One more semester of pre reqs and will apply in Feb for fall 2014 BSN program. In talking with my Anatomy professor who also sits on the nursing advisory board about how hard my upcoming nursing program will be ..she said that hiring a nanny is a very good idea. Especially since my hubby works a very erratic schedule and knowing that my kids are well cared for and help with their homework is peace of mind. She said to also think of it as temporary. Good advice .... Thanks professor.
- Oct 15 by mz23Im a single mom to a 15 month old. On my last prereq yay! I study at night but even so my daughter wakes up a million times so im starting to get her to sleep or at leasy be able to self soothe and fall back asleep. I hope that makes it easier to manage school and everything else. Its great to see so many other mothers pursuing their dreams. Good luck !!