Acceptance Letter.Register Today!
- by Nursing2102 Jan 1, '12Hi everyone!
I had originally applied to a nursing program for the Spring 2012 semester and was notified that the program was already full. The admissions office asked me if I was interested in pushing my application to the Fall2012 semester. I said sure... although I figured I would never get in so didn't really think much about it after that. I pretty much just gave up.
Then I received my acceptance letter in the mail on Dec 23rd!! Along with the acceptance letter they sent a confirmation deposit slip requesting a deposit to be sent to them by check or money order due by January 3rd.
I wrote out the check and then mailed it on Dec 27th once the post office opened again after the holidays. I am worried that they may not get it in time by January 3rd because when I called the admissions office they said the college is closed from dec22d to Jan 3rd. They also say to send in the deposit ASAP because the program gets full quickly.
I was wondering if anyone knew whether the acceptance letter means I am in, or am I actually "in" the program once they receive the confirmation deposit?
- 1,314 Views
- Jan 1, '12 by ♑ Capricorn ♑An acceptance letter is just that, an acceptance letter. Congratulations, by the way. So...yes, you said you received your acceptance letter that usually means you are accepted into the program. I know how you must be feeling, I too couldn't believe it either when I got my acceptance letter. Shocking!
I wouldn't worry too much. You mailed the deposit out as soon as you could after you received your letter. Its out of your hands. I'm sure they will get it when they come back after holiday break.
Good luck to you.
- Jan 1, '12 by Tinknurse2Bwhat is your deposit for...when i received my acceptance letter last year...a deposit request was not included....what school is this...i'm in texas. is this for your classes...i'm confused.
- Jan 1, '12 by keepmovingrnI had to pay a holding fee also of $105.00. This covered the nursing handbook and clinical lab kit. I'm in GA
- Jan 1, '12 by Nursing2102Thank you!!!!!!!
- Jan 1, '12 by Nursing2102@ Capricorn:
Thank you and yes, I was very surprised! Just when I had almost given up.
The deposit is basically to hold my seat in the program because it gets filled quickly.... it will go toward my tuition.