2012-2013 HRSA Nursing Scholarship Application - page 11
The application process hasn't even started yet but I didn't even find out about last year's scholarship until a couple days before the deadline. I did get my application in on time but was not fortunate enough to be a recipient.... Read More
- 0Apr 14, '12 by MadrasIt definately is. I guess I'm torn (im sure alot of people are) on how I'm going to make it through NS. Is it worth it to have to possibly relocate to find a job to fulfill an obligation for payment through NS or maybe just scrape by and take a little extra out in loans to pay for living expenses and coming out of NS being able to apply to your choice of jobs..... oh decisions.
- 0Apr 17, '12 by hihopes22Does anyone know if we are able to submit an electronic copy of the student aid report? Or is it a must to recieve it from fafsa? I called mine in and am STILL waiting. I actually re-submitted the request today.I really don't want to submit a last minute application.
- 0Apr 17, '12 by hihopes22Cecix if you don't mind my asking, but, where are you located now? Have you looked at the approved sites? During the webinar, they made it seem as if hospitals in certain areas would be approved as well. So there may be more options. I plan getting more information about this. I plan on attending the next webinar session. You may not have to relocate.
- 0Apr 18, '12 by pttracDoes anyone know how strict they are about working in Tier 1 sites (HPSA Score >14)? I am also concerned about finding work after finishing school. There are a lot of HPSA sites that are <13 near my home. This is assuming I receive the scholarship funds, which seems to have been competitive the last several years. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
- 0Apr 18, '12 by RickyLatino87Hi everyone,
I was wondering if those who are accepted/enrolled in an accelerated BSN program and have a bachelor's degree in another field able to apply? Do either of these make you ineligible?
Also, are we supposed to submit all documents online AND through regular mail or would either one suffice?
- 0Apr 19, '12 by MadrasI'm in long island, NY. From the list the only hospital on LI that is approved is Nassau University Medical Center which is fine. My nursing school is in Brooklyn and when looking in the five boroughs I'm seeing a few small not for profit clinics but that's kind of where choices run short, and when looking at employment sections on these clinics websites there aren't even available jobs.
- 0Apr 20, '12 by hihopes22Cecix,
Are you set on working at a hospital? I would definitely keep looking. We are still in the beginning of the year. Plenty of new grads could have scooped up all of the openings. Just a thought. I would think NY would have more. I wasn't able to make it to the webinar. But they did state in the slideshow that hospitals and such in approved areas would work also. When I went to the search and typed the address of a specific hospital, I received a message stating it was approved for because of the area. I am not 100% sure, but there may be some gray areas with what is "approved". Good Luck!
- 0Apr 21, '12 by MadrasHihopes, I think for the most part people think hospital and think security which isn't always the case. I'm willing to work anywhere for experience, especially when im a new grad. And I definitely did see a lot less jobs posted than a month ago so I'm assuming people are getting hired. I'm trying to find a way to search for sites but no luck. Can you post a link to the site you were on?! That would be awesome!
- 0Apr 21, '12 by X-Nurse14Quote from KK4YOUIf you scan your documents as a PDF you should be able to easily combine them into a single file, then upload them to the online application.Hello Everyone,
I have 5 former transcripts and scanned all of them, however the application will only except 1 page. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just send my current Nursing transcript? Any advice or information would be much appreciated! Thank you!