Where have you applied? Gotten your acceptance/rejection letter yet?
- 0Feb 21 by Ashleigh RN, BSNHi there! Just wanted to get to know each other some more and kind of see what everyone's plans were.
Just curious to see:
- Where all did you apply for NP school?
- Which school is your first choice and why?
- What speciality? (FNP, PMHNP, ACNP, AGNP, etc)?
- What was your GPA, GRE, and how much/what type of experience did you have?
- Have you heard back from any school(s) yet?
- What semester are you looking to start?
- Online or on campus?
Here are my answers:
- UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, University of Alabama. Debating applying to Duke, Vanderbilt, & NYU (I will apply to those once I get acceptance/rejection letters from the first 4, just because they are all so expensive, they would be my last choices).
- Chapel Hill is my first choice now - it's distinguished but still a state school so it's affordable. I currently live in Charlotte, NC, so I wouldn't be moving so far I would be leaving my family completely. Alabama is my 2nd choice. Their program would be amazing because it combines the FNP & PMHNP and it's all online, which would be fantastic.
- I've applied to FNP and PMHNP programs. I have a background in psychiatric emergency department and also pulmonary progressive telemetry. I would be so happy with either route, and honestly I couldn't decide myself. So I figured whatever program I got into would ultimately make the decisions for me.
- I have a 3.76 overall GPA with a 3.9 in nursing. My GRE wasn't outstanding, I scored a 152 on verbal, 162 on quantitative, and 4.0 on writing. I have 2 years experience.
- Not heard back anything yet. Most deadlines just hit, so I'm thinking by mid-April I should know something.
- UNC Charlotte starts in the summer, but all other programs are Fall 2014.
- I would honestly prefer an online curriculum, but the only online only is Alabama. The rest are combined into on-campus and distance education.
Nice to meet you all!
- 7,193 Views
- 0Feb 26 by tmitchsork1. Hello there, I've applied to TTUHSC and UTMB.
2. My first choice is Texas Tech FNP program.
3.The specialty is AGNP at UTMB, and TTUHSC FNP.
4. My GPA nursing is a 3.8, lower division GPA 3.0, no GRE needed, no special community service, or certifications, no big wigs writing references, just hard work and dedication, at the time of application I had about 10 months experience.
5. I've heard back from UTMB AGNP program and kindly accepted.
6. I start in the Fall (August 2014).
7. Online program with a couple visits to the campus.
- 0Feb 27 by naturalizedYou guys have good GPA. I'm wondering if anyone got accepted with a 3.0 gpa? I dont have exactly good grades.
1. I've applied to UTMB, TTUHSC, U of South Alabama, Samford, George Washington University, University of Colorado-Colorado Spring.
2. I've look into all the schools I applied to and would love to get into any of them.
3. My specialty is FNP.
4. My gpa is underwelming unfortunately. My overall is 3.2, nursing is 3.1
5. I applied for fall 2014.
6. Online program.
I have 3 years exp as an ER nurse,which is where I want to work if I become a nurse practitioner. I have not gotten any reply yet. I will pray.
- 0Feb 27 by SamRNmedicI haven't applied yet but I'm applying at Frontier Nursing University, FNP, for the November 2014 start date.
I will also be applying to Samford University and Eastern Kentucky University both for fall.
My overall cumulative GPA for EVERYTHING (even my crappy college from 18 years ago) is 2.75. But my last 60 hours I have a 3.347 and I graduate with my BSN on May 3 and hope to finish with a 3.514.
I have been an ER nurse for 3 years, 9 months of which is as charge nurse. Also, I was an LPN for 10 heats and have been a Paramedic for 9 years.
I've worked my way from the bottom.. Failed out of college because I was young and didn't think I was smart enough to make it as a nurse. Now, here I am about to get my BSN and applying to grad schools. I'm hoping I prove to them that I have what it takes to make it!
- 0Mar 3 by twinmommy+2
- Where all did you apply for NP school? George Washington University AGNP and University of Southern Alabama EDNP Dual Program
- Which school is your first choice and why? Both are different programs with good and not so good points, but I think GWU edges out USA
- What speciality? (FNP, PMHNP, ACNP, AGNP, etc)? AGNP and dual ACNP/FNP
- What was your GPA, GRE, and how much/what type of experience did you have? 3.7 GPA with 8 years experience
- Have you heard back from any school(s) yet? No
- What semester are you looking to start? Fall 2014
- Online or on campus? Online
- 0Mar 4 by stickit34
- Where all did you apply for NP school? Penn State, UPenn and Pitt
- Which school is your first choice and why? Penn State because it's the cheapest haha and it also offers a lot of opportunities.
- What speciality? (FNP, PMHNP, ACNP, AGNP, etc)? FNP
- What was your GPA, GRE, and how much/what type of experience did you have? 3.25, GRE: 156V/150Q/4.5A, and 1 year of medical-surgical experience.
- Have you heard back from any school(s) yet? Nope, I wish!
- What semester are you looking to start? Fall 2014
- Online or on campus? On campus. I can't learn at all online.
- 0Mar 5 by michelernibclcWhere all did you apply for NP school? Univ of Cinn WHNP (applied twice and not accepted), University of South Alabama WHNP
Which school is your first choice and why? University of South Alabama only choice due to cost and offered online
What speciality? (FNP, PMHNP, ACNP, AGNP, etc)? WHNP
What was your GPA, GRE, and how much/what type of experience did you have? 2.99 GPA with 21 years experience
Have you heard back from any school(s) yet? should get notification between March 15-29
What semester are you looking to start? Summer 2014
Online or on campus? Online