Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2013 - Page 12Register Today!
- Jan 3 by sprint880324I personally took out federal loans and did not have to apply for additional outside private loans. I was fortunate to receive one of VUSN's several scholarships offered to incoming students in addition to two smaller outside scholarships (around $1,000 a piece). I don't know anyone who has had any issues covering the costs of school and living. A friend of mine attending a nursing school in MO did apply for one large private loan to cover all of her costs, and the only setback she had was to have a family member co-sign even though she had great established credit.
There are a wide array of scholarships available to MSN students, the key is to begin your search early and commit to writing the essays now, since many of the deadlines coincide in March and April. Hope this helps!
- Jan 3 by sarahdukieVery much, thanks!! Will receive scholarship information with our financial aid packet, or is that something we can begin working on now?
- Jan 3 by jenny.jThanks for the info about the scholarships! Has anyone heard anything about anything!? What about for FNP? Darn this waiting game is terrible :/
- Jan 6 by sprint880324You will get information in the financial aid packet, but I did some searching on my own!
- Jan 10 by jb30I got an email on Jan. 8th to setup up my PMHNP interview. Its scheduled for the 11th and I'm super nervous!
- Jan 11 by jb30Just finished my phone interview. i feel pretty good about it, but i guess i'll see when they send out acceptance letters. they just asked a few questions and talked about the program. they told me that they were finishing up interviews and that accceptance letters would go out the first of March. Good luck to everyone!
- Jan 11 by inchercongrats jb30! I bet having the interview completed successfully is a huge weight off your shoulders. Now if the first week of March would just hurry up and get here...
- Jan 12 by jb30Its great to be done with the interview. Waiting for a decision is the hardest part. Incher, are you already in the program? Or are you waiting for a decision as well? What's your specialty, if you don't mind me asking?
- Jan 14 by incher@jb30-
No, not currently in the program. I am waiting for a decision as well. I applied for Pre-specialty AGPCNP.