It's decided!Register Today!
This is a discussion on It's decided! in Pre-Nurse Practitioner Inquiry, part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... I am going to start the process of going back to school! Ever since I started nursing school-...by sapphire18 Guide Nov 14, '12I am going to start the process of going back to school!
Ever since I started nursing school- and discovered the existence of the nurse practitioner- the plan has been to graduate (done- 2009), get a couple years of experience at the bedside (done- going on 3.5), and then go back to school to become a nurse practitioner.
I've been dragging my feet on the going back to school thing while in the process of finding my niche. I love my current job, but it is time to head back to the books...I've started researching schools, and am getting very excited about making this decision to finally get this process started!!
That's all...just wanted to shareLast edit by sapphire18 on Nov 14, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=797493©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 753 Views
- Nov 14, '12 by traumaRUsCongrats on your decision.
- Nov 14, '12 by mtsteelhorseExcellent plan! I waited a looooooooooooong time but I'm heading down that road as well. Good luck to you!
- Nov 14, '12 by TinabeanrnGood luck honey! What kind of NP and what schools you looking at?
- Nov 14, '12 by sapphire18Thanks! I am planning on acute care NP and am looking at schools in the northeast and California. Still have a ways to go with narrowing things down!
- Nov 14, '12 by missnurse01good luck!
- Nov 15, '12 by perioddramaQuote from sapphire18First off, congrats on your decision! Way to hit your milestones!Thanks! I am planning on acute care NP and am looking at schools in the northeast and California. Still have a ways to go with narrowing things down!
Second, the northeast and CA are on different coasts! You definitely have a ways to go to narrow the field down.