What to study before anesthesia school? - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 25, '12 by itsmike990Just dont sweat it. They teach you everything you have to know when you get there.
Just work a lot and save a lot of money, pull over time, anything that you can do so you have an extra dime, because you wont have the time in your program to work much.
I am at NEU and it is not bad. I work probably 2 shifts a month. I took a month off before the program started and then didnt go back to work for 4 months after the program started.
My first shift back I took a heart out of the OR and was freaked out. It all came back to me like I hadnt even been gone a week within 5 minutes. I think an alcohol pad I dropped on the ground was still in the same place I left it five months earlier. Nothing changes, its all the same stuff over again. Your clinical practice and critical understanding will come in handy at school. You'll be surprised how easy it is to get back into your routine.
But just enjoy it, LIVE, WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!
- Mar 1, '12 by MCleeezyhey i feel like im going through the same thing, im going to start my program in about 3 months and i want to be prepared. i was thinking about going through some anatomy and physiology and some ccrn stuff. do you guys think thatll be helpful? also WTBCRNA can you please send me the USUHS pharmacology handbook link? or if anyone else has it please send me the link my email is "firstname.lastname@example.org", thank you guys for all the info.
- Mar 4, '12 by bmobSRNA2015Ive gotten alot of advice to relax and save a lot of money! I have recently taken Physiology so I think I will remember that well and will review that and anatomy before I start when I eventually get in!!
- Apr 11 by Meebugg21USUHS handbook.. anyone have it to give still?? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
- May 8 by Clav11I know I am late on this post but I start my program in the fall and can relate to the feeling of wanting to ready or brush up on something to kind of ease my anxiety about the unexpected.
- May 9 by xX Goose XxNothing, you will get more than you can imagine. Read something for fun. Because those days will be on hold for the next 24-36 months. Unless you are morbid like me and sort of enjoy reading Barash.