VCU and MSA 2013 - page 2
Hi everyone! I am finally officially applying to VCU and MSA for 2013. Was also going to apply to UT chat and SEHC but decided 2 was all I could reasonably afford to fly out to interview at. This has been such a LONG road... Read More
- 0Sep 28, '12 by kellly242I took my GRE last Sat and got an unofficial result of 300 (combined verbal and quant). I'm hoping that it is good enough to get an interview. I hope they hurry up and send my official results to the school. Are there any updates from anyone else?Last edit by kellly242 on Sep 28, '12
- 0Sep 29, '12 by missnurse01Hey kellly glad you got your gre out of the way. I am set to take it in a week. The lady at vcu said for me to call or email her my unofficial results so you could try that. Kdlrn should have probably interviewed this past week so hopefully he/she will update us soon.Continued good luck to you
- 0Oct 1, '12 by kdlrnHi guys,
So I interviewed last week. I honestly don't know how it went, but the people I interviewed with were really nice. They didn't ask me any clinical questions, it was more of a get-to-know you kind of thing. I'm just so glad to have it over with, but the waiting is the hardest part Kellly, I wouldn't worry about your GRE scores. My friend interviewed the day after me, and she had less than a 300. I'm pretty sure they look at the whole picture. Also, I turned in my application in the middle of August and didn't hear back for a couple of weeks, so don't freak if it takes them some time to get back to you. GOOD LUCK!
- 0Oct 1, '12 by missnurse01Thanks Kdlrn for the update. Glad to hear the interview wasn't grueling. Did you apply anywhere else ? I believe they make final decisions by the middle of December although you may hear before that. Is that what they told you ?Were you local or did you fly in ? I have been looking at flights and hotels.MeThanks and good luck.
- 0Oct 1, '12 by kdlrnI'm local. I'm a single mom and I share custody with my child's father, so I am kind of limited in where I can live. I also applied to Georgetown and Maryland, but I haven't heard anything from either school yet. VCU said they will notify in the beginning of December. Make sure you research the area where your hotel is... some parts of Richmond can be a little sketchy (just like any city, I guess).