January 2012 Barry University CRNA program - Page 6Register Today!
- Aug 8, '11 by CBAZAnyone know when the 2 week orientation is in January? Everything I find says early January but not an exact date. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of taking a travel position in Florida so I can get to know the area but want to make sure I don't overlap with school.
- Aug 9, '11 by fyraceI am wondering the same, more so to get my room and board in order, however I was told, unofficially, by a current student it starts the second week of January, but again, I don't have an exact date. If you email the external relations manager he may tell you. If anyone finds out, can you please post?
- Aug 11, '11 by Snappz11Hello-
For those of you who will be attending Barry in the Spring, anyone doing the head start program? If so, are you taking both classes offered in the Fall and working full time? Thanks!
- Aug 11, '11 by fyraceGetting registered today for the Chem and Prof Aspects classes. I will be working full time through the fall but it is with the fire department so I shouldn't have any issues. My last shift on the floor is in a couple weeks so it should be straight forward with these classes.
- Aug 11, '11 by Snappz11Hi Fyrace-
I am registered for both as well. Have you heard anything about the classes (level of difficulty, amount of required time each week, etc)? I will be working until December 3rd..hoping it won't be too much while being full time!
- Aug 11, '11 by fyraceI have not. Sorry. Only thing I heard was no books for the Prof Aspects. Did you get a syllabus or anything? Which cohort did you pick? I'm Orlando. Anyways, if you pm me you email I can let you know if I hear anything. Still alot of open questions but I think it is still early (like when is the 2 week orientation..etc).
- Aug 15, '11 by acl0727hey everyone, quick question: one of the provisions that i need to satisfy for jan 2012 is 'proof of ccrn certification'. i haven't taken the ccrn exam. i contacted (moderator edit of name - please do not post names and/or initials of names that could possibly identify anyone in your program per tos) and informed him that i have never taken the ccrn exam. he told me that i do need my ccrn certification before jan. is anyone else in the same boat as me?Last edit by sirI on Aug 15, '11
- Aug 16, '11 by Snappz11For those who attend Barry, when you say "run your own room", does that mean you are the only anesthesia provider present? Or are you being observed by a CRNA/ Anesthesiologist while making all of the decisions? How early are you expected to complete a case on your own? Thanks!
- Aug 19, '11 by fyraceI was told by the end of your first year you will be running your own room. Means you run the surgery, just as if you were employed, you are on the schedule, you get vacation...etc. You move fast and a buddy who is in his first year says you get your a** handed to you so be ready.
I also got the syllabus for the headstart chem and the orientation dates. PM me if anyone is interested.
- Aug 20, '11 by CriticalAnesthesiaRNFyrace,
I am registered for the headstart program as well. Will you please send me the syllabus and orientation stuff. I can't PM yet, i have 11 posts! Thanks!