Vanderbilt Pre-specialty Fall 2011 - Page 7Register Today!
- Jan 25, '11 by mamalexI applied to the midwifery specialty, and I was not contacted about an interview For those of you who were unexpectedly called for interviews, do you have any idea how it went or what it means?? I am a little worried about my fall prereq grades. I made a B (A and P) and a C (Stats.) It was my first time in school in FOREVER. I guess it's good that my GRE score is decent, and I have a good amount of real-life birth experience.
- Jan 25, '11 by mef06011Hi mamalex,
I have mine tomorrow at 3:15 (2:15 C) so I will definitely let you know what it was about and how it went when its over! I was a little surprised when I got the e-mail, but am glad to know other people got those e-mails too...I got a little worried!
- Jan 26, '11 by bluetonboQuote from mef06011Hi mef06011,Good luck with your interview today! Let us know how it went!
Thanks for the well-wishes! The interview was fine, relatively painless. I was put on speaker phone with two of the department (FNP) faculty, was asked three or so "typical" interview questions (why I chose the specialty, what kind of learner I was, etc.)... Then they gave me some information about the school and gave me the opportunity to ask them questions. 15, 20 minutes tops. This is the first interview I've done for a nursing program, I'm assuming it is pretty standard fare, as interviews go? I did ask why I was selected to participate in an interview - was told that the FNP specialty was the largest and most competitive program, and that they just wanted a better, more "personal" sense of who I was, as a 'qualified applicant'.
So consider it a good sign that you've been scheduled for one - and good luck tomorrow!
(BTW I don't want to worry anyone applying to the FNP program who hasn't been contacted... they didn't say whether they were interviewing all candidates, and sounds like they are still aways from making any final determinations.)
- Jan 26, '11 by Meredith09Quote from rtaylr5RT-Did anyone else apply to the Acute care Program? If so, did you receive an interview invite?
I am a current pre-specialty ACNP student at Vandy. Wanted to wish you luck with your application and offer to answer any questions you might have regarding the application process or the program. Let me know if I can be of help! Good luck!
- Jan 26, '11 by mamalexHi Meredith,
I would LOVE to hear what your week is like as a pre-specialty student. I am a single mother of two and am curious how on earth this might work for us...IF I am accepted, of course My children have been pretty use to me being around for them, and I know this would mean huge changes for us.
- Jan 26, '11 by maduroHi everyone. I just had my interview for the Nurse-Midwife speciality and it went well. I was a bit nervous but the questions were standard "why do you want to be a midwife" and such. My call lasted 20 minutes and overall I was pleased with the interview. Good Luck, everyone!
- Jan 26, '11 by banana44Hi Meredith - I have a question for you as well... Do you now how people deal with the clinic sites that some distance away? Like do students have apartments in Nashville and travel during the week or do they move out to where the clinic sites are? How difficult does this seem to be?
Just curious and would love any insight into this!
- Jan 26, '11 by mef06011I had my interview for the CNM program today and it went really well. It lasted about 20-30 minutes, and I feel pretty confident about it. I interviewed with Mavis Schorn and she was really nice. Good luck to everyone! She said that letters should go out late Feb, so happy waiting till then!
- Jan 26, '11 by billyqgoatMamalex, I wouldn't worry. I think its just the people who applied to the midwifery AND the FNP dual program that were contacted for the interview (or just the FNP program alone). Good luck, everyone!
- Jan 26, '11 by rtaylr5Hello Meredith!
I would love to hear details from you about what to expect the first year. Please feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (or anyone else for that matter ). Look forward to hearing from you~