Vanderbilt Pre-specialty Fall 2011 - Page 5Register Today!
- Jan 6, '11 by T-DashaYea I did receive an email. It was kind of a bummer to get that email because I live in Georgia now. So when I saw that Georgia was one of the places in which we could not do our specialty year I was definitely let down. So I decided that if I get accepted then I'll move back home to Louisiana and do my specialty year there.
What about you? How did you respond to the email?
- Jan 6, '11 by rtaylr5Wait.... Wait... Wait.... I just wanna fast forward through the next 6-8 weeks! =)
- Jan 6, '11 by TGill06Haha yeah, it says mine are missing and they shouldn't be. Do you think I should contact them about that? And did you turn in your app exactly on Dec 1st?
- Jan 11, '11 by mandi.hI applied to the psychiatric NP specialty, which requires an interview. Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back about scheduling the interview? I live on the east coast and was wondering how much notice I'll have to make my arrangements. Thanks so much!
- Jan 12, '11 by nikki164@TDasha:
Well, I just kind of said that I am fortunate enough to have flexibility in where I do my specialty year, so if it comes down to a space issue, I will do whatever they need me to do, basically. (Obviously, I didn't say it like that)
Currently, I live in Nashville and I just moved year only a year ago to live with my boyfriend of 5 years who is a 3rd year at Vandy med. He'd apply to residency in the city and surrounding area of where I decide to go for my specialty year. Its just sad because I've gotten super comfortable in Nashville and made our home a real home. I'd hate to pick up and leave again, but oh well!Last edit by nikki164 on Jan 12, '11 : Reason: directing it to a person
- Jan 19, '11 by jenna88Hi all,
I know I am jumping in a bit late on this conversation. Applied on Dec 1st for pre-specialty entry into the WHNP program. I read in some article how the 2010 class had an average GPA of 3.3 and a 1070 GRE? This seemed low to me but sure made me feel better!!
Dreading waiting another ~2 months!
- Jan 19, '11 by T-Dasha@jenna88
What article did you read that in? Do you have the link?
- Jan 20, '11 by jenna88I saw it about 3-4 months ago- It was a legitimate article published by some organization at Venderbilt- I wanna say the school newspaper of college of nursing newsletter. I just googled and it came up but now I cannot find it to save my life- really weird... But yeah like I said I was shocked by those stats
- Jan 20, '11 by mef06011Hey I just got an e-mail asking me to interview for the midwifery specialty, did anyone else get this? I didn't know they did interviews for any other specialty but Mental Health.
- Jan 21, '11 by bluetonboYes I just got an email requesting a telephone interview as well - I applied for the Family NP program. I felt I was pretty comprehensive in my written interview response, so I'm not sure what else they would need to ask. I called the school to get more info on this and how best to prepare but just received an email response indicating "there is no advanced preparation for this interview." Thoughts, anyone?