Vanderbilt Pre-specialty Fall 2011 - page 2
by SCNP2B 67,600 Views | 296 Comments
Hi all! I just wanted to get a thread started for those who plan on applying to Vanderbilt's prespecialty (for non-nurses) MSN program. I only recently discovered this program about 2 months ago and am absolutely enamored... Read More
- 0Nov 9, '10 by SydneyJo1Those of you who attended the open house--can you please give some info about what was talked about or what you found interesting? I wanted to go so badly, but I had clinicals on Friday pms this semester and couldn't make it to Nashville. I would love to hear what you thought about the open house and what stood out to you!
- 0Nov 10, '10 by rtaylr5That's great! I wasn't able to attend the open house, but I did meet with admissions this week as I turned in my application. My GPA isn't as high as yours, but I believe that I am still a strong candidate based upon the rest of my application and the averages I was given. Keep in touch~ hopefully we will both be in Nashville in the Fall!
- 0Nov 16, '10 by SCNP2BRegarding the statement and interview questions, has anyone seen any note about word or page limit anywhere? I assume a goal statement would be shorter than a personal statement that encompasses everything, but I feel like I am repeating myself on some of the questions. How long were your statement and answers for the interview questions??
- 0Nov 19, '10 by SydneyJo1My goal statement is one page long (spacing is 1.5), and my interview questions are 8 pages long all together. I think there are 6 interview quesitons, and I would say my average response is 3-4 paragraphs long. I have no idea if there is a word or page limit or if mine is too long or too short.
I got an email from the admissions person today saying that my application is complete and ready for review (yay!) and they will be sending out acceptance letters in early March (boo!!!). Oh my LORD, how am I going to wait that long??? I have no patience.
- 0Nov 23, '10 by pdubya24Just finishing up applying, I know I'm a little behind but I didn't find out about their program when I started looking into schools. I've also applied/applying to a few other schools. I'm hoping to to the WHNP program. I'm pretty nervous because my GPA and GRE scores are only a bit above the minimum so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my letters of rec and essays will boost me up a bit. Can't believe it's november and we still have to wait until march to hear anything ughhh.
Best of luck to everyone