UIC GEP 2013 - Page 18Register Today!
- Apr 20, '12 by Karebear18hi gshear,
i applied to acnp and interviewed on the 9th as well. i got the impression from my interview that the interviews were more a formality, to make sure no one had two heads kind of thing. ;-) but yes i had similar feelings about the whole experience as well. i'm not sure i want to get into specifics on here, but if you want to email me i'd happilycommiserate on the interview and waiting process!
- Apr 23, '12 by Meggie1982Has anyone heard anything from Women's Health track yet? How did you feel interviews went?
- Apr 23, '12 by gshearDoes anyone have any idea from friends that previously applied or anything about how many wait listed people ever get in? It looks like last year people got their email acceptance letters on 4/26, I'm going nuts waiting to hear!!
- Apr 23, '12 by mroldanDo they wait list a certain number for each concentration? I'm waiting to hear back from UIC and DePaul. Both of them keep telling me that we will find out by the end of the month, but between anxiety and studying for finals I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy as well!
- Apr 25, '12 by mkuzelI was moved to Winter application for Depaul. They said my application looked promising but they wanted to see my grades from the finished pre reqs and they would consider me for winter term... She said they had too many good applicants with all their pre reqs done and although I wasn't getting denied, I wasn't necessarily being accepted for winter either... pretty discouraging.
- Apr 25, '12 by mroldanKeep your head up! I haven't heard anything from DePaul or UIC yet. What concentration did you apply to for UIC?
- Apr 25, '12 by mkuzelMental Health... on the depaul thread, people were saying how their application status had changed from applied to accepted... but mine had just changed from fall to winter, so I called and thats when she explained to me what that meant... which is confusing to me because I am an A student, so not sure why she would say that they need to see my grades from the last 2 prereqs first, implying they were worried I wouldnt do well in them... you would think that since I got A's in all the other pre reqs and had a 3.4 GPA (3.26 total) for the last 60 credits of my undergrad, they could expect me to get A's on the remaining Chem classes... maybe they really did just have too many applicants that had all their prereqs complete... i noticed some other people on that thread that had the same issue as me... its just discouraging to think, If I didn't get into Depaul, how am I going to get into UIC!?!? Keeping my hopes up tho, only time will tell!!
- Apr 25, '12 by cbrennan1188Hi everyone,
I emailed Julie Kim about when we would received notification and she said the first week of May, but my interviewer told me the end of April. And last years group were told April 25th but found out April 26th. Has anyone heard any definitive dates??
- Apr 25, '12 by b2094041During the FNP interviews, they told us we would be hearing the first week of May as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! I'm sooooooo nervous! I just want to find out already :/
- Apr 25, '12 by Karebear18Thanks for letting us know!