UH MEPN 2012Register Today!
- by wpolorocker Nov 14, '11Is anyone looking at University of Hawaii's MEPN program for Fall 2012? I'm originally from Honolulu and would LOVE to go back and do this program. Especially since I would pay in-state tuition!
I've looked over the lengthy forum about the program from 2009. Is there anyone who went to UH's program that started this Fall? I would be quite interested to hear your stats (GPA, etc.) and to find out how many people applied and how many were accepted/matriculated this year. I will also be taking A&P 2 and Microbiology in the Spring and I am curious if that will hurt me since I am not done with all the prereqs. They say you just have to finish them by July, but I am wondering if that is really true.
Any info previous MEPN people can give me would be great. Thanks!
- Nov 14, '11 by MissHollandI applied to this program and am waiting to hear back! There isn't much info. about it on here so I would love to hear from other people as well!
- Nov 14, '11 by MissHollandJust read about your interview invite to UPENN, wpolorocker! I would love to hear about your stats/experience, etc! If you can get an interview there I'm sure you are golden for other programs!
- Nov 15, '11 by wpolorockerThanks for the confidence, Miss Holland!
I have an undergrad degree from SMU in Music Education with a GPA of 3.7. I have CNA license though I have never worked as one (I just got the license last month), and I am currently taking nursing prerequisites at a community college. I don't have any medical experience to speak of, but I had good grades, with all As on my mid-semester score report. My GRE score was 1200 with a writing of 3.5.
- Nov 15, '11 by MissHollandVery cool! You sound like a great applicant! What track are you applying to? I applied for the FNP/APHN track. =0)
- Nov 16, '11 by wpolorockerI haven't sent it in yet, but I'm looking at FNP.
- Nov 20, '11 by dedicatedoneI have not sent in either but also looking at FNP wpolorocker I can't find too much information about this program.
- Nov 21, '11 by danceluverInterested as well to learn more about this program!
- Nov 27, '11 by MissHollandGot word yesterday that my application is complete and that I will be contacted in the event that I am selected for an interview!! Let's hope that is indeed the case!!! Dreaming about the program and Hawaii in the meantime...
- Jan 7, '12 by MissHollandIs this all of us for this program?! Are you getting excited that the deadline has passed and we should be hearing within the next month about interviews? I am!