Texas Tech FNP 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 27, '11 by ashonmanI also got my acceptance email yesterday, however I cannot make up my mind. I have till 11/18/2011 to accept or decline. I have Ursuline College, University of Cincinnati and Texas Tech. Please help me out. Never been to Texas
- Oct 28, '11 by mitzisdadI got my acceptance letter this morning.My GPA is 3.86 and I had applied for fall 2011 and was rejected. I already started the admissions process for Kaplan University and was accepted yesterday.Kaplan didn't make me provide references, an essay, or even an official transcript before they accepted me. I've been skeptical of the Kaplan program since they contacted me; and now with my TTUHSC acceptance, I'm seriously confused about what to do. I know that there were greater than 460 applicants to Texas Tech for Spring 2012 and I think I was told they accept about 25 students per term (that is the mean number of students for most terms at all the colleges I have contacted). I'm excited and a little irritated at the same time.
- Oct 30, '11 by littlebelle1293My GPA is around 3.9. Been an ICU nurse for 3 years and a Peri-op nurse for 1.5 years.
Ashonman, I don't know much about the other Universities you applied to, but I live in Texas and can say that Texas Tech has a good reputation here and puts out quality nurses at the undergrad and graduate level...
Mitzisdad, I would definitely go to Texas Tech over Kaplan. I bet cost at Tech is less, and its a competitive program, which I feel says a lot when the other program accepts students based on an unofficial transcript alone, if that is all they required of you. Also, I generally feel better knowing the program you're in, even if it is web based, exists at a University that also holds in person class. It makes it seem more "real", I don't know if that makes sense...
- Oct 30, '11 by ashonmanLittlebelle1293, thank you very much, I have been battling with which school to go to, my other school is a private catholic school (not kaplan lol and equally good. But I am actually leaning towards Texas Tech. Are you currently at Texas Tech or starting this spring?
- Nov 12, '11 by steph.rnQuote from mitzisdadWow! Did the SON give you this information? Is it for all graduate programs combined or just FNP? I was accepted for spring 2012, and now I'm thinking how lucky I was!I know that there were greater than 460 applicants to Texas Tech for Spring 2012 and I think I was told they accept about 25 students per term (that is the mean number of students for most terms at all the colleges I have contacted).