Summer Entry 2013 Accelerated BSN/MSN Johns Hopkins - page 2
by nautica193 85,644 Views | 446 Comments
Hi everyone, How many of you have applied for the 2013 Accelerated BSN/MSN program at JHU SON? I applied early decision and completed my phone interview on the 26th. They said they will start making decisions calls around... Read More
- 0Dec 8, '12 by dee73Thanks for the good wishes everyone! The interview was laid back and more like a conversation. The woman who interviewed me was really friendly. She pretty much asked me the same types of questions as you, nautica193. Why MSN? Why JHU? Difference between an NP and a doctor? Personal experiences that have shaped you professionally? Current national and international issues in nursing? Why nursing? And then she asked me to rate myself on public speaking, test taking, writing, and time management.
I loved Hopkins before, but I love Hopkins even more now after the interview! This waiting game is going to kill me! She said we hear back in MARCH (sooo far away!!) Good luck on your interviews everyone else! Just walk in and be yourself.
- 0Dec 8, '12 by hopefulnurse24Hey guys, I interviewed over the phone back in October, but for the Fall 2013 start date. I've heard so many different things regarding the timeline of admissions that I honestly don't even know when to expect to hear back... I'm thinking probably January/February for all applicants, according to years past (I was told March at the very latest by someone who I think seemed to be pretty certain).
- 0Dec 9, '12 by bardonedee, thanks so much for providing this interview feedback. I'm curious who interviewed you; I'm pretty sure that my interviewer is an admissions counselor, not a faculty member or program director for my chosen specialty (not that there is anything wrong with this -- I just want to get a feel for who I'll be speaking with).
Those who interviewed over the phone -- who did you talk to?
I'll also ask about notification dates... maybe we'll get a consensus!
- 0Dec 9, '12 by hopefulnurse24My interviewer was an admissions counselor... I can't remember her name, to be honest. I think they are assigned to interviewees by geographical area. bardone, it's very similar to the Penn interview so I'm sure you'll be well prepared!
I think that they make phone calls in mid-December to early admissions applicants, so that may be where that came from. My interviewer first told me that I'd hear before the January deadline, which got me really excited... so I called to find out for sure, and one of the people who works in admissions told me that I'd hear in December, which made me even more excited. And then someone else told me that typically it's late January/early February, March 1st at the latest, and that we will be notified via phone call. So who knows?! I'm going with the last one since that seems what has happened in the past, but I'm also applying for a different start date so it may be different for me anyways.
- 0Dec 9, '12 by dee73My interviewer was also an admissions counselor, Danelle Alton. I had gone to JHU for an info session earlier this year and she was the same woman who gave the tour. She's really nice. She said we'd hear back in March, but based on past threads for this program it seems that people found out if they were admitted into the bachelors and masters portions separately. People found out if they were admitted to the bachelors portion prior to hearing about the masters portion. So I'm not really sure exactly when.
- 0Dec 11, '12 by bardoneI also received the magazine... I think they stick your address on their mailing list when they get your application!
Good luck to the early admissions people, who'll be hearing back sometime in the next week or so!
For summer entry, I was told that they'd be notifying applicants "in early February" for the BSN portion.
- 0Dec 11, '12 by shmippsHi everyone! I'm also applying for the summer 2013 ABSN/MSN program and was wondering if you guys could clarify something for me- are the phone interviews that everyone is talking about going on right now for the early decision applicants or for everyone? I know eventually the regular decision students get interviewed but I just wasn't sure if that was going on right now or at a later date. Also, does everyone get an interview? Thanks so much!