Samuel Merritt ELMSN/FNP Fall 2013 Sacramento - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 25, '12 by Sisyer2Dardymomma,I applied to Sam Merritt Oakland campus, UCSF, and Western University in Pomona. I know Cal State Long Beach is opening their program this year, and so is Cal State LA. I am sure it will work out for you at Sam Merritt Sac! You just have to keep trying...
I've def lost faith a few times! I got some reference letters from professors and my employer.
- Jul 25, '12 by jly0162HAHAHA KC613 and JeninCA I'm definitely with you both on that one. This just makes me anxious.
But like ALXiong, I did call in today and spoke with the Admissions Counselor. She said for us to expect several emails from her between now and when the process is complete. Some of the applications have just newly arrived to her and she is still in the process of emailing everyone to let us know that she has our application. Phone calls regarding interviews will be going out August - Sept and the Interviews themselves will be taking place in September.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
- Jul 27, '12 by KC613yay! got my email today. here is the timeline from that email:
[color=#333333]jul - aug: admission application review
[color=#333333]aug - sep: faculty application review and elmsn interviews
[color=#333333]mid-sep - early oct: applicants notified regarding admission status
so, there is plenty of time to hear about them receiving your application.
good luck everyone!!
- Jul 27, '12 by lenaelleThanks everyone for contributing to this thread and slightly putting my anxiety at ease.
This is my first time applying to nursing schools. I honestly ONLY want to go to SMU at any location because of the reputation they have for great education. I have many friends who graduated and are currently attending the program and I've heard nothing but great things.
I received my two LORs from a professor and a Physician Assistant that I volunteered for. Do you think getting an LOR from a PA and not a Physician or Nurse would hurt my chances?
- Jul 27, '12 by KC613Lenaelle- which program did you apply to? I think a letter from a PA is great. PA's and NP's are both mid level practitioners who work in nearly the same capacity in most California healthcare settings. I do not see any reason that a LOR from a PA would be looked at differently than a NP or Nurse.
- Jul 27, '12 by jly0162hey lenaelle,
i'd agree with kc613. as long as the lors can demonstrate your abilities as a prospective student and fnp, you shouldn't have to worry too much.
- Jul 27, '12 by lenaelleThanks for the replies
I applied to the ELMSN-CM program, as well as the ABSN. Crossing fingers!
- Jul 29, '12 by dardymommaQuestion: has anybody researched financial aid, loans and/or loan forgiveness programs?
- Jul 30, '12 by KC613There are a lot of options for loan forgiveness and pay-off when you are hired after school. I work for the VA and as a federal employee you can have your loans forgiven after 10 years of federal employment. They also have incentives for hiring, etc.
- Jul 30, '12 by dardymommaThank you!