Online Adult/Gero NP through USARegister Today!
This is a discussion on Online Adult/Gero NP through USA in Post Graduate Nursing Student: MSN/DNP/DNSc/PhD, part of Nursing Student ... I have applied to this program and am wondering if anyone is familiar with it? I hope I am not...by IMABSNRN Aug 21, '09I have applied to this program and am wondering if anyone is familiar with it? I hope I am not limiting myself by not going the FNP route, but I've heard most FNP programs are super competitive and I'd rather not set myself up for certain disappointment and failure. How hard is it to get into USA? Their website talks like they will allow as many qualified students as they have spaces.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=417618©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 962 Views
- Aug 22, '09 by peacefulHi,
I applied to Spring 2010 (FNP/Psychiatric). Are you applying for Spring or Fall admission? I have spoken with others attending USA and the students were positive about the school. I think the decision making by USA has a lot to do with GPA.
- Aug 22, '09 by IMABSNRNI applied for the Spiring 2010 Adult/gero or psychiatric NP. My GPA isn't impressive, cumulative is around 3.2. Oh well.
- Aug 22, '09 by peacefulMine was only 3.3, some students who are already in the program indicated they got in with a 3.2. I think our GPA might be okay. We will have to talk more, sounds like going for the same program if you end up going the psychiatric NP. Do you think we might hear anything as far as acceptance before Oct.? Did anyone from USA indicate to you the earliest you might hear? I hate the waiting!
- Sep 1, '09 by EMAJA1827i applied to usa too. i am anxiously waiting for a word from them. my gpa is 3.0. i have a BA in another area and ASN in nursing. my situation is tricky. i have applied to st louis too. i like the idea about no references and a darn essay.
- Sep 2, '09 by peacefulI hope we hear soon.
- Oct 23, '09 by meandragonbrettGot my letter yesterday! I'll be doing ACNP. See you guys in research and patho in the Spring!
- Oct 23, '09 by peacefulCongratulations meandragonbrett,
See ya in research and patho!