Health Promotion Intervention Ideas
- 0Oct 27, '08 by ccuRNinTNi am in advanced health promotion this semester. we are having to come up with a health promotion intervention project/program. i am thinking of doing something in relation to weight management, weight los, weight education, etc....
the reason that i am choosing this topic is because my fnp thesis topic is "weight loss, qualitative – what makes people decide to lose weight?"
thought i would use my time efficiently and do work that could be used twice!
so............any ideas from anyone???
Last edit by ccuRNinTN on Oct 30, '08
- 0Oct 29, '08 by traumaRUs, MSN, APRN, CNS AdminHere are some websites I came across:
Some other ideas:
1. Develop a website for weigth loss health promotion.
2. Produce a pamphlet on weight loss.
3. Write a story for your local newspaper.
4. Develop a training program for your unit on how to be more sensitive to those trying to lose weight.
- 0Oct 29, '08 by BBFRNhttp://www.mypyramid.gov/professionals/index.html
Here's the USDA Food Guide Pyramid page for professionals. I use it all the time (disease management), and encourage my clients to use the site as well. They love it. It has menu planners, a food label database, intake pattern asessment guide, etc.