Direct Entry MSN Programs 2013 - Page 54Register Today!
- Woohoo two more people from Chicago! I applied to BC and Vandy but haven't heard from either yet. I'm slightly leaning to BC if I get into both but it's a toss up. It seems that apartments are even more expensive in Boston for something comparable to what I have currently so that's a consideration for me.
- tadams22- Vanderbilt decisions are being sent already but we should hear by the end of the month for sure. Judging by threads from years past, I think Northeastern notifies sometime in April.
- Feb 17 by KoKeHi616- if you don't mind me asking, why are you leaning more toward BC instead of Vandy?
- KoKe- I PMed you
- I actually called Vandy and asked on Thursday and got my decision. They said I got in, but were sending my letter this coming Tuesday. I think if you submitted your application before December 1st you can call them anytime and they can give you an answer.
I live in Boston (well Cambridge) currently and I will tell you that you can get apartments anywhere from $500/month (in some of the surrounding areas like Chestnut hill, Cambridge, Brighton and Allston) to $2000 (if you want to live in the middle of the city - Beacon Hill, Back Bay, South End). As BC is a little outside the city, I would suggest looking for apartments in the brookline/chestnut hill/Brighton/allston near the school itself. You can definitely find nice inexpensive housing in the area. Check Craigslist for those listings - i am nearly positive you'll find something in a good price range - just stay away from back bay or beacon hill listings even though those apartments are very pretty.
I appreciate everyone's notes about the different schools - I am currently deciding between Vanderbilt and BC as well, but haven't ruled out Columbia yet.
- Keats, Thanks SO much for the info! I've looked on padmapper which pools craigslist listings, but not knowing what neighborhoods are safe made it hard to determine exactly what price ranges are.
- Yeah definitely look to those neighborhoods! You may find more safety alerts around the reservoir (cleveland circle in Brookline) because there was a BC student that drowned in there last spring - that being said, I have friends who live right in that area and they have never run into any trouble at all!
Anyone got a pros and cons list started for MGH yet?
- Oh and hi616 - could you tell me why youre leaning more towards BC than Vandy
Im a new user on this and so I cant actually write personal messages yet
sorry guys - but soon I will be able to!
- And Koke
Why are you also considering Vanderbilt? I have this weird gut freeling about going to vandy, but I cant figure out why - so right now im trying to write down some solid reasons for both schools
- Keats, sent you a message too!