Direct Entry MSN Programs 2013 - Page 48Register Today!
- Jan 29 by KoKeKdiem-
When they scheduled me the Vandy interview, they offered me a couple 30-minute time slots. My interview actually only lasted 20 mins.
- Jan 29 by hannahzpHas anyone heard about interviews for OHSU's accelerated bachelors to master PMHNP program?
- Jan 31 by amac4I'm a current BC direct-entry student - they notified us very early Feb this past year and the year before that was late January. Good luck to you all!
- Feb 2 by trin22Does anyone know how these direct entry programs view a bachelor's degree that was completed online (from a brick and mortar school)? I guess they won't know since the transcripts won't indicate that it was completed online.
But I'm curious to know how they feel about it and if you're at a disadvantage if you got your degree online.
Does anyone know anything?
- Feb 3 by hopefulnurse24If the transcripts don't indicate that it was completed online, and it is from a reputable school, I'm not sure that it really matters honestly...
- Feb 3 by trin22That's how I see it too, but you never know.
Also, did anyone complete any of the prerequisites for the direct entry MSN programs online? Does it make you less competitive if you did them online? I can't seem to find any information about this.
- Feb 3 by chaparritaDue to schedule conflicts many of my non science prerequisite classes were taken at a CC. You cannot tell from my transcripts because it is a reputable CC not an online school. However if were u I would take science classes in person with lab because most schools will not take those online. A lot of people discredit online classes but the ones that I have taken at my CC have been really good. Goodluck
- Feb 4 by hopefulnurse24I took sociology, and developmental psychology online through a reputable school and it doesn't say it was taken online on my transcript.
- Feb 4 by trin22I guess it all depends on the school. Some schools don't care and some openly claim they don't accept them. Emory does not accept online courses. Though I'm not sure how they'll know unless you took multiple courses simultaneously in schools in different states. I called Vanderbilt earlier to ask if they'd accept my A & P I online course. They said they would. I even offered to retake it if it was unacceptable, but they said it's not necessary. They said they look at the whole picture. They also said that it does NOT make me less competitive than applicants who took the course in person.
- Feb 6 by sarahdukieI just got into Columbia for PMHNP!!