Anyone know about Maryville's FNP program? - Page 9Register Today!
- Jul 11, '12 by nursegirl2001smartypants31us
Do not worry. I am pretty good at powerpoint presentations and writing and APA formatting and have the APA manual too!! I had an A- in undergrad nursing courses and a 4.0 in my just recently finished MA in Psych-Mental Health Administration program. I can help with team projects and keep everybody on cue. Fortunately I have no stats classes to bother with because I took them for my undergrad and in the masters program I just completed. No math......HHHOOORRRAAAAYYYY there !!!! Ok so prayer, dedication, and hard work and we'll make it through this just fine.
- Jul 11, '12 by baldwina1015I spoke with my adviser today also and received FINALLY the class schedule for the entire program. I am pretty happy with it overall and for the most part taking one class at a time I think really makes it do-able. We will take NURS 600 Theoretical Nursing 8/27-10/21 and then Evidence Based Practice 10/22-12/16. Spring appears to be the only time we take two classes at once 1/14-3/10 Leadership and Quality and then N610 Health Promotion 3/1-5/5 and then the one 16 week class AP 1/14-5/5. That is the only class I am very concerned over because I had a tough time with A&P in my undergrad. I have the entire breakdown if anyone wants me to forward it let me know your email and will be happy too, mine is firstname.lastname@example.org. I didn't know there would be soo much group work especially because we can't really work together in person. But I like that we can share ideas and collaborate together to do assignments.. I am really excited to start!!!! I didn't get an email about the orientation yet so thanks for the link my adviser said it will have a lot of valuable info in it. We should get a welcome packet soon with all the info as well and my welcome call is not until Aug 17th!! But I will be happy as long as I get the packet soon. Also she said we can order books now through the website or not; they do not order them for us. I looked and we need 4 books for the entire semester which is not bad. I am going to buy them soon from wherever is cheaper and start reading and getting a jump start. I don;t know what section I am in yet, but all the sections require the same material. I also found out there will be about 100 of us in the program. I was surprised by how many. So I hope we are in the same section and can work together.
- Jul 11, '12 by Bird430Wow thanks to those of you that have posted all the great info you have received from the advisors. My welcome call isn't until the first week of august. I'm planning on looking online for my books soon as several of you have mentioned. Definitely used for me to save some $$. Its great to see so many nice people will be in the program and I too hope we can all work together good luck to those still waiting to hear.
- Does anyone have ISBNs for the books?
- Jul 12, '12 by Bird430If you go to the Maryville online bookstore and pull up the fall classes you can find them under nursing 600 and 601. FYI-I found some good deals on half.com tooLast edit by Bird430 on Jul 12, '12
- Jul 12, '12 by baldwina1015http://www.bkstr.com/CategoryDisplay...46-1?demoKey=d link to the bookstore >online programs> fall 2012> NUR 600 AND 601
I am heading over to half.com now, I usually get good deals there too. I am only concerned about the Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing because it says with CD and Access and usually used books you buy online don't come with that stuff so I will have to look for that. Usually I don't mind not having the CD, but Access is probably a code we may need. Especially because its online courses I am worried we might need it. Good Luck finding good deals!!!!
- look at allbookstores.com it will compare all the stores for you.
- Jul 12, '12 by nursegirl2001Baldwina1015:
Thanks for posting the ISBN numbers. I don't have the mine right now to purchase even the discounted rate so with my student account I just purchased the books and they are on the way. I am glad that I went back and looked on my student site because I remembered that we did have 4 books for the semester not 2. My total is $265 dollars for the 4 books. For the spring though I will have financial aid funds early so I will purchase our books (provided we won't need an access code) at the discounted rates and from the very helpful sites you posted !!!! Looks like we will have papers to do but I don't know if we will have multiple choice tests. I wished that I knew students from the program who can give us some insight here. I will ask my advisor though......
- Jul 12, '12 by baldwina1015Yes I was wondering the same thing about the tests.I have read that other programs have tests and that they r timed per answer like 2 minutes or something and if u don't answer before times up it moves to the next question... But idk if that's what they do here or not. I bought the two books for the first half on half.com and spent 46 dollars... Not bad. I will buy the other two in the next couple of weeks. But no rush because we don't need them until October.